Why I love the ukulele

M

Manalishi

I only started about four/five weeks ago,with an absolutly bottom-entry-level
Mahalo Soprano.Then I got a Kauai Concert size, and for the past three weeks or so, I have been learning the chords.I have played guitar forever,so I understand the theory and structures,but am having to get used to the different shapes,for the same chord,as it were! So okay, I have been strumming away playing all the stuff I know from guitar (Dylan,Beatles etc) and then two days ago, I got the chords and lyrics for 'Five Feet Two,Eyes Of Blue' and attempted to play it.After about ten minutes, I was okay with the chords, (still working on the words,but it's coming....) And I got such a buzz, it took me back to the first guitar song I ever learned (a Bob Dylan,strangely). And having read through the forums, I came to a blinding revelation,that most of you have of course already found;that the ukulele is FUN!!!! Forget the halfwits who sneer and think it's a joke instrument, I must have spent about four hours a day on the uke recently (just retired,plenty of time!) and at no time has it remotely seemed like a chore.This is music,from a basic level (mine) up to the standard of a lot of folk I have seen on youtube and other sites,who can fingerpick for planet Earth!
Just glad I made the decision to give it a go. It's a 'keeper',as a hobby!!!

You guys are terrible! Notice how none of the girls post whore like you guys do?

fine, go ahead and respond. I guess I'm enabling today.

You guys are terrible! Notice how none of the girls post whore like you guys do?

fine, go ahead and respond. I guess I'm enabling today.

I plead the 5th....

Top Bottom