Review- Cordoba Baritone Ukulele with Low "G" Tenor Strings

Vic, you flashed a Southcoast HU-NW set and it sounded like you were trying to tune it gCEA. Is that right? Those are supposed to be dGBE. If you really tried to go gCEA, I'm surprised they didn't snap or rip the bridge off. I have those strings on a 17" tenor tuned dGBE and they are on the loose side, so I'd expect them to be tighter on 20" but hopefully not as bad as you found them.

That's good to know that the Worth BT-LG worked at GCEA. I find it strange from their chart that the same gauge is listed in so many sets. But hey, whatever works. I might give those a try for Bb tuning on my Ono at some point.

Last edited:
Vic, you flashed a Southcoast HU-NW set and it sounded like you were trying to tune it gCEA. Is that right? Those are supposed to be dGBE. If you really tried to go gCEA, I'm surprised they didn't snap or rip the bridge off. I have those strings on a 17" tenor tuned dGBE and they are on the loose side, so I'd expect them to be tighter on 20" but hopefully not as bad as you found them.

That's good to know that the Worth BT-LG worked at GCEA. I find it strange from their chart that the same gauge is listed in so many sets. But hey, whatever works. I might give those a try for Bb tuning on my Ono at some point.

I am glad they didn't break or pull the bridge off.

The Southcoast site is the most confusing site I have ever been on. Obviously I misunderstood.

I am glad the Worths worked out.

Thanks for the clarification.

The Southcoast site is the most confusing site I have ever been on. Obviously I misunderstood.
It can be. You probably got mixed up with "key of G" and wanting a "low G" tuning. The "key" of any uke string set is the pitch of the third string, not the fourth. FWIW, if you wanted a gCEA set for the baritone, you'd probably want the LMU set, but I'm with you that linear tuning and baritone go together so well, why try anything else? :p

Top Bottom