Are there distinct seasons for Uke selling

pointpergame

Reaction score
Sorry for the awkward title, but I wanted to make my question clear.

When I started here a few months ago, there was just a smorgasbord of outstanding ukuleles to choose from...and I did. I keep a close watch on the marketplace and right now things seem really quiet. Is there a seasonal pattern some of you long-timers have perceived...is it just a non-linear ebb and flow of supply and demand...or perhaps an illusion on my part?

It seems the market soft right now and perhaps people are holding back or are listing elsewhere.

Obviously, it's because people are perfectly happy with what they have right now, with no need to upgrade.

Agree completely with your observation, ppg.

Winter is best for selling (more couch potatoes), summer is best for buying (lower prices, less buying competition).

Four years ago much better than today, four years from now even worse than today.

I expect that once tax season ends (in USA April 15 is the deadline for filing a personal income tax return with the IRS, that is if you have not filed an 'extension'), folks will have more readily available funds for feeding UAS since they might have their tax refund money in hand...

thus leading to more WTB posts, as well as more For Sale posts to keep a rotation going...

So if you wait a few more weeks, the Marketplace should have some decent traffic to help things to move along...

But this is just a guess. :)

I expect that once tax season ends (in USA April 15 is the deadline for filing a personal income tax return with the IRS, that is if you have not filed an 'extension'), folks will have more readily available funds for feeding UAS since they might have their tax refund money in hand...

Agreed with the Tax Season theory. I've got money burnin' a hole in my pocket!

Sadly, everything seems to hinge on oil prices...

Top Bottom