FS: Mele Koa Baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZappCatt

Reaction score
I am selling a Mele Solid Koa Baritone Ukulele.

Here is information from Mele for the Ebay listing of a current one:

MELE HANDMADE SOLID KOA 4-STRING BARITONE

Genuine Hawaiian Solid Koa Top, back & sides
Solid ebony binding, fingerboard, nut & bridge
Hand carved mahogany neck
Baritone 4 string currently GCEA tuning- possibly with 2 Tenor strings
3 layer wood rosette around the sound hole
Rope Inlay design on the sides
Grover geared tuners
Non-adjustable truss rod

New they are $899 plus $50 shipping.

I am asking $700 PayPal Friends and Family, or $720 normal PP. $30 shipping in the Continental US(this will be coming from Northern California.

It is a beautiful instrument and you can feel it when you play it. The Koa sparkles. Unfortunately, I am not a Baritone player, so selling this to get a Tenor.

There are 3 minor dings on the back of the instrument which I will show in the Pictures, the owner before me looks to have used a winder when they put on the G and C strings, so there are some dings on the side of the headstock by the tuners. There is also the slightest mismatch where the binding meets. None of these will affect playability at all.

I will show these in the next post due to image limits.

The Ukulele comes in a very generic hard case. I have uploaded a sound file to soundcloud at: https://soundcloud.com/zappcatt/melebaritonelowg nothing special, just a coworker playing around a bit.

p1933017734-3.jpg

p2106750600-3.jpg

p2113322528-3.jpg

p1914635808-3.jpg

This is a 20 1/8th Baritone.

They make a “JUMBO” (extended) TENOR which is 19: Here is their description:

11. What’s the deal with this “Jumbo Tenor/Extended Tenor/19″ Baritone” model you just came out with?
The original Mele baritone ukulele is a replica of a Martin baritone uke in its dimensions, with a 20″ scale length. Kamaka baritones were somewhat smaller, with a 19″scale length. After numerous requests that we build a Kamaka-sized baritone, as well as even more requests for an oversized tenor model, we realized we could satisfy both groups by building a high-quality 19″ scale instrument that could be strung as EITHER a tenor or a baritone, with awesome results either way! The jumbo tenor comes with a special set of Hilo strings that are designed for best tone and playability with the regular GCEA tuning on a 19″ scale. It sounds like a regular tenor, but a bit bigger and bolder. You can also use a regular set of baritone strings and tune it to DGBE, which also sounds awesome; slightly brighter and punchier than your typical bari without any loss of volume!

I hope that helps.

p1985784428-3.jpg

Last edited:
One week bump with no interest so far.

Another week and I'll move it over to that "other site"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom