PDA

View Full Version : Lanakai six string

songsforall
03-30-2016, 03:20 AM
Anyone interested in a six-string Lanakai in excellent condition? It's a 0-6. It has a solid spruce top and ovangkol back/sides and classical style tuner strips with slotted headstock. Case included. $200.00 plus one half of shipping costs. I'm a newbie, but this Lanikai can be vouched for by my uke friend who sold it to me: Uketanzon. I am selling it because I'm not playing it much - am obsessed with my tenor!

greenie44
03-30-2016, 05:42 AM
Pictures please. A Lanikai six string has been my go to uke for my entire uke journey.

songsforall
03-31-2016, 02:54 AM
Will send picture shortly! Tell me about your playing. Do you primarily use it for strumming? It does have such a full-bodied sound. And do you tune the double strings in octaves? My friend who sold me the Lanikai doesn't use the octave in the upper string - just doubles it. I enjoy it, but am more obsessed with getting better on my regular tenor. Anyway, am rambling on - let me get that picture to you in a sec.

songsforall
03-31-2016, 03:26 AM
Pictures are now posted on ad entry. Will get some better ones up by tomorrow. Let me know if you are interested! Thanks.

greenie44
03-31-2016, 07:19 AM
Will send picture shortly! Tell me about your playing. Do you primarily use it for strumming? It does have such a full-bodied sound. And do you tune the double strings in octaves? My friend who sold me the Lanikai doesn't use the octave in the upper string - just doubles it. I enjoy it, but am more obsessed with getting better on my regular tenor. Anyway, am rambling on - let me get that picture to you in a sec.

I mainly strum on this puppy, but play a few single notes here and there. It is a wonderful sound, which is why I fell for it in the first place. I tune the double strings in octaves, and have found that I greatly prefer the high octave on the A string to be on the outside and the high octave on the C string on the other side. It lets me emphasize the high note on the A with an upstrum.

Here is a strummer with my Koa cutaway Lanikai 6 string. I started with a mahogany one.

https://youtu.be/m0e-GYjzXxw

songsforall
04-01-2016, 01:31 AM
Very nice! I love your singing style! The uke playing enhances is beautifully. Thanks for the info on how you string the octaves - very helpful. I am learning that there doesn't seem to be any supreme standard for tuning.