Lanakai six string

songsforall

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a six-string Lanakai in excellent condition? It's a 0-6. It has a solid spruce top and ovangkol back/sides and classical style tuner strips with slotted headstock. Case included. $200.00 plus one half of shipping costs. I'm a newbie, but this Lanikai can be vouched for by my uke friend who sold it to me: Uketanzon. I am selling it because I'm not playing it much - am obsessed with my tenor!

20160331_090816 (1).jpg20160331_090835 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Pictures please. A Lanikai six string has been my go to uke for my entire uke journey.

Will send picture shortly! Tell me about your playing. Do you primarily use it for strumming? It does have such a full-bodied sound. And do you tune the double strings in octaves? My friend who sold me the Lanikai doesn't use the octave in the upper string - just doubles it. I enjoy it, but am more obsessed with getting better on my regular tenor. Anyway, am rambling on - let me get that picture to you in a sec.

Pictures are now posted on ad entry. Will get some better ones up by tomorrow. Let me know if you are interested! Thanks.

Will send picture shortly! Tell me about your playing. Do you primarily use it for strumming? It does have such a full-bodied sound. And do you tune the double strings in octaves? My friend who sold me the Lanikai doesn't use the octave in the upper string - just doubles it. I enjoy it, but am more obsessed with getting better on my regular tenor. Anyway, am rambling on - let me get that picture to you in a sec.

I mainly strum on this puppy, but play a few single notes here and there. It is a wonderful sound, which is why I fell for it in the first place. I tune the double strings in octaves, and have found that I greatly prefer the high octave on the A string to be on the outside and the high octave on the C string on the other side. It lets me emphasize the high note on the A with an upstrum.

Here is a strummer with my Koa cutaway Lanikai 6 string. I started with a mahogany one.

Very nice! I love your singing style! The uke playing enhances is beautifully. Thanks for the info on how you string the octaves - very helpful. I am learning that there doesn't seem to be any supreme standard for tuning.

Top Bottom