suggestion needed

bt93

Reaction score
i have decided to get a new uke, but need some help. i have been saving so that i can get a nice hawaiian koa ukulele. i was just wondering if there were any tenor sized with a slotted head that i could get for around 500-600?

thanks
brad

i have decided to get a new uke, but need some help. i have been saving so that i can get a nice hawaiian koa ukulele. i was just wondering if there were any tenor sized with a slotted head that i could get for around 500-600?

thanks
brad

That might be a tricky uke to find in that price range. Not impossible but tricky. First slotted headstocks require more work and will cost more money i will guess $100 more. Add in a Koa wood Tenor uke from hawaii price is getting higher. Just you basic new Kamaka, Kanilea, Koaloha... Koa tenor will probably run you more than $600.

For what you want you would probably spend closer to a grand.

So a suggestion might be to look at the new Kala Acacia Models. The Tenors have slotted headstocks and the Acacia wood is similar to Koa in look and sound. I know it is not the Hawaiian made uke we all dream of, but it is close and at a fraction of the price, prob less than $400.

Or you could search around for a used uke but I still think it would cost more than $600 as they are not as common.

well, i got a job working at a local grocery store, stopped spending my money on stupid stuff, and got some money for my birthday. the thing about me is that if i have something that i really want to get, i become really driven and dont stop trying and saving up until i can get it

well, i got a job working at a local grocery store, stopped spending my money on stupid stuff, and got some money for my birthday. the thing about me is that if i have something that i really want to get, i become really driven and dont stop trying and saving up until i can get it

Well I might suggest finding the uke you want to get and figure out how much it will cost, then you have your goal.

Kanilea has an upgrade for a slotted headstock.

actually, i like that acacia and it seems pretty reasonable. i think i am going to get it. thanks for your help

Top Bottom