Kala Fretless U-Bass All Solid Mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTurner

Reaction score
Kala Fretless U-Bass All Solid Mahogany-Price Drop

The U-Bass has been sold.

I tried my best, but playing a Kala Ubass just wasn’t my cup of tea. Perhaps someone else will enjoy it much more.

Kala Fretless U-Bass All Solid Mahogany

The important points:
• Solid mahogany body and mahogany neck
• Rosewood fingerboard and rosewood bridge
• 20" scale, tuned to traditional EADG
• Strung with proprietary polyurethane strings
• Extremely portable (meets carry-on standards)
• Custom hipshot tuners for tuning stability
• Active Shadow pickup system with 4 individual piezo elements
* Included is high quality cable for connecting to amp (Sweetwater: Music Mover Instrument cable, 10 ft.)
* Uke Crazy Case

This instrument is great fun to play. The polyurethane strings are amazing and once you adapt to how they stretch and play they work very well. I found that playing fretless on pitch was not difficult and sliding/bending notes sound amazing. The tuner controls are easy to learn and can make a big difference in the sound you get through an amp.

Special Note: There are two fairly tight cracks on the back. You can see in the photos. One below the access plate and the other on the right side of the lower bout. These defects do not affect play in either acoustic or amped mode. Due to these cracks I have reduced the cost considerably.

PRICE: $245 New Price for this model is around $500. Buyer pays shipping. PayPal please.

View attachment 89798View attachment 89799View attachment 89801View attachment 89802

Last edited:
PM has been sent

That's a really good price. Can I make a quick correction, the Shadow is an active preamp because it has a battery, tone and volume controls.

Mike, thanks for your correction, my typing mistake. Appreciate and want to be accurate.

Great opportunity for getting a U-Bass!
And, as you all should already know, Craig's a great person to buy a uke from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom