Not open for further replies.

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Sound sample added to post #16

This is now SOLD

PRICE DROP TO SOLD as of April 9 at 5:30 pm

For sale is a Collings UT2 in full sunburst finish. For those that don't know these are tenor size, solid figured mahogany.

Like all Collings the build quality is flawless as is the finish. Collings has a reputation for doing some of the very best sunburst colorings and this does not dissappoint. With my phone and tablet cameras I cannot truely capture how beautifully done this is. The figure and ribboning under the lighter area of sunburst are outstanding.

This is probably 3 years old and I bought this from a member here about 16 months ago. It has upgraded gold Gotoh UPT tuners.This is an easy 9.0 out of 10 with no highly visible strum marks, no scratches, nicks, dings or dents, excellent condition. But remember this not a new flawless instrument. If you look really hard you will see some slight, very faint lines on the finish on the back and front.These are impossible to photograph and almost as tough to see in person. You gotta look pretty hard to notice them. The sound is open and full with very good resonance and sustain for a reentrant strung ukulele.

Price is paypal and shipped anywhere in continental North America. Comes with a hard case which I will talk about in the next post with more pictures. I will sell and ship internationally as long as you pay the extra shipping cost. That might be another $50.00 or so.

20160322_082854.jpg20160322_082655.jpg20160322_082602.jpg20160322_082538.jpg20160322_082525.jpg

Last edited:
Will your MOJO be included?

Would you consider this to be a brighter or mellower uke? Mahogany is usually mellower but with the Collings finish, it might just brighten it up.

If you don't know this man, you must be new around here. Feel confident in dealing with him.

Best on the sale.

Hey Lenny......don't know about MOJO on it but maybe some real Canadian maple syrup.

This mahogany uke is interesting. Warm and mellow when strummed but bright and articulate when finger picked.

Simon and I were at Luis's shop last night (LfdM) and I brought it along to show him. He asks me to bring stuff over from time to time so he can see how other builders go about their craft. He commented on how good the single note clarity was.

Still not bright enough for you my sparkly little friend. I know you like em REALLY bright sounding

20160325_091057.jpg

Last edited:
Maple syrup is good. Send some anyway.

You and Hodge do have me interested in a Collings, but perhaps with a Spruce top, which should satisfy my quench for a brighter sound,so I am going to start looking for one. I only have Koa Ukes now. That last thread of his with the Collings and Ono spruce tops was a real eye opener.

Someone here is going to get your beauty of a Uke.

Last edited:
Just beautiful sunburst uke Dave, these puppies are over $2k new so someone’s getting a great deal.

Nice looking instrument. Mahogany is my favorite tonewood.

I see that there is a strap button on the heel of the neck. Is there an end pin or strap button through the end block too? If so, does it still fit into the Collings case?

All of Dave's deals are great! I can attest to the amazing mojo that will come with it. Buyer will not be disappointed in any aspect of a transaction with this gent.

Nice looking instrument. Mahogany is my favorite tonewood.

I see that there is a strap button on the heel of the neck. Is there an end pin or strap button through the end block too? If so, does it still fit into the Collings case?

Yes there is a strap button on the heel. Yes it will fit into the Collings case but it is VERY tight and you have to push it firmly into place.

I planned on doing photos of this issue and an alternative case if someone wants it instead. Should be able to do it tonight.

Man, that's one sweet deal on a nice high-end uke. You don't happen to have a similar concert laying around? (Can't hurt to ask!)

Lets talk about a hardcase for this instrument as mentioned in my first post. Django brought up a good point and one I want to address, fitting it into the case with a strap button on the heel. The Collings case fits like a glove and is really tight, so tight that the heel strap button sticks out past the case. See pictures. Number One is of the button on top of the case and stickng out. The second picture shows it slid into the case.

It will go but you have to put the shoulders of the upper bout in first then grab the back of the case and pull or stretch it out as you slide the back end into the case. Sounds scary but I have travelled twice with the uke on week long vacations using this case. But I bought a Kala Uke Crazy tweed case that I keep it in all the time. This case has never left the house and is in new condition.

See pictures of the two cases together. You can chose either case and I will keep the other. Sorry for the novel but Collings owners know why I want to make sure you understand exactely what you are getting into with a Collings case and a tenor with strap button on the bottom.

20160330_182217.jpg20160330_182250.jpg20160330_182702.jpg20160330_182825.jpg20160330_181827.jpg

Last edited:
I have the pleasure of living close to my friend with his gaggle of Ukuleles.

This one is beautiful to look at and produces a warm Collings mahogany sound that is enviable and satisfying.

The new owner will be quite happy.

Nice sound sample Dave. You've got a little Flamenco thing going on in the middle of that. Did you have a rose in your mouth while playing it? :shaka:

Excellent sound demo, brother.
This is without question one of the best uke deals out there right now.

Excellent sound demo, brother.3
This is without question one of the best uke deals out there right now.

Thanks Jon. These sell new at $2450.00 when you can find them. As Brenda said she is suprised I am selling it. So am I because I love it but it really shines as a reentrant and I am a low G guy. I play this maybe once every two weeks, got a super soprano and an Opio concert for my high G moods. It is way too nice to be stuck in a case

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom