Learning to build

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
After a few recent wake-up calls as to the progress of my PD I have been thinking long and hard about the future and will definitely be retiring from full-time making in 3 years, and before I am building like a beginner again!

However as part of my travelling fellowship in the fall I am going to be discussing with luthiers and teachers a 3 part building program that I intend to set up at my workshop here in Wales. Each course will last 3 months with a one month break. They will be called:
  • Basic Ukulele Building
  • Intermediate Ukulele Building
  • Advanced Ukulele Building
To attended the 2nd or 3rd course you must have attended the first. I am in the process of writing the curriculum and working out the logistics. I have based the fees on courses running here and in the US. They will be open for anyone wishing to learn the business and provide attendees with a start in the business. Through a structured program and fund raising we will be creating a fund for bursaries that will part pay international student fees. More to follow. If you have ideas or wish to enrol in 2018 please get in touch at pete@petehowlettukulele.com

Top Bottom