need help

Martynas

Reaction score
Hello folks
i have one problem. can you see those yellow round things on tunner machine heads? i mean where you put strings on right there. the one on e string leaves buzz sound after i play that string because the vibrating of string gives vibrate to that little yellow thing which touches body of ukulele and make his own vibrating sound which sounds annoying. do you have any idea how to take off that thing? this uke is cheap so i dont care if i stretch wood. also i cant take off strings because the string is cutted at the end :D (i tried to cut it with knife, didnt work because its normal piece of plastic)

Attachments

• 750-MKSUke_detail4.jpg
    750-MKSUke_detail4.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 48
and maybe those thing improve sound or something and i shouldnt cut them off?

Those buzz ... many of my student Makalas buzzed because of those. Two options as I see them .... dab a tiny bit of glue on a couple of the sides to keep them secure, or remove them next time you change strings. They'll lift right off the pegs. And, if you haven't changed strings from the originals ... now would be a good time to do that ... you may be pleased with the difference in sound :)

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about then those things may keep your tuners from falling off your uke. If that part of your string is vibrating then you might want to look for a problem at the nut.

Those buzz ... many of my student Makalas buzzed because of those. Two options as I see them .... dab a tiny bit of glue on a couple of the sides to keep them secure, or remove them next time you change strings. They'll lift right off the pegs. And, if you haven't changed strings from the originals ... now would be a good time to do that ... you may be pleased with the difference in sound :)

:agree: what he said...if those are original strings, you'd be better of changing them. Get some new nylguts or Worth browns.

i would but there isnt any ukulele strings in my country to buy lol :(((
i think ill try to glue them to body since i dont care what happens to body.
and those things dont hold my tunners because its like design detail to keep my ukulele beautiful, so i can move them all the way up and down on the space they have

My first uke was a Makala and I loved everything about it except for those bloody little plastic things. They have a habit of falling off and rolling away under furniture when you are attempting to change strings :p. I actually ended up swapping over to friction tuners although I wouldn't necessarily recommend this as they present their own challenges. Glueing seems like a reasonable fix if you are happy to do it.

Top Bottom