Two Vintage Martin Sopranos FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

scdano

Reaction score
Here are two more ukes that I'm helping to sell from Russ Morin's batch of old Martins. Both play and sound great and both have identical string height with 7/64" at the 12th fret. This is also how my personal Style 0 & 1 measure out. Pretty consistent for 90 year old ukes. They both have some cracking, scratching and cosmetic issues that are common on almost all vintage Martin sopranos, so these are definitely players, not collecters. Some notes on each one:

Style 0- (1927-1932) Fingernail rest marks below A string w/ finish worn off but wood intact. 1/2" chip in edge above G string, 2 stable surface only cracks on back, 2 stable surface only cracks on top @ top and bottom of lower bout, no cracks show light through. Normal play wear with fingerboard and bar frets in great shape. Aquila Nylgut strings and very nice modern replica friction tuners. Bridge in great shape with no string wear. $300 PayPal Gift + actual shipping charge.

Style 1- (1922-1932) 1" of binding missing on tail, 1 stable surface crack on top, 3 stable cracks in back, 1 is tight with no movement but shows a little bit of light and other two are surface only. Normal play wear with fingerboard and bar frets in great shape. Worth Brown strings & bridge in great shape with no string wear. Initials "EM" scratched in back in headstock below stamp. Tuners are original Grover Deluxe and are very sloppy. I'd replace them. $350 PayPal Gift + actual shipping charge.

I'll ship to CONUS only. I'm listing these as a favor for Russ's wife and I don't have a lot of spare time to put into sound samples or videos, but I'll be happy to try to answer any questions that may come up. These descriptions and photos should give a pretty accurate idea of the condition of the ukes. They are what they are and they're priced to sell. If cosmetics don't matter, these ukes are a great deal.

1.jpg14.jpg5.jpg

Can't even buy a baseline Pono sop for those prices. This is a wing-ding for someone seeking vintage wood. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom