FS Blueridge BR40 TCE tenor guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
NO LONGER FOR SALE

For sale is a Blueridge BR 40TCE tenor guitar. This model has the cutaway and comes with factory installed fishman pickup with volume and tone control wheels at the edge of the sound hole. This tenor guitar has a big full resonant sound. I have it strung with medium gauge strings to bring out more bass and tuned DGBE.

This intrument has maybe 10 hours playing time and is in as new condition. It comes with a GREAT case. The case is made by SKB and is the same type of case used for the Taylor GS mini. Two front pockets heavy duty nylon padded handles and backpack straps. I love this case, wish they made the same style for tenor ukes.

New cost for this tenor guitar at Musicians friend is now $534.00, Elderly $$525.00 and the case retails new for $89.00 which is in as new condition as well.

Will sell guitar and case together shipped anywhere in continental North America paypal accepted for $525.00

I am not going to heavily promote this sale just figured I would give my UU friends the first shot. These need to be special ordered up into Canada for $$799.00 CDN, the case cost me $129.00 CDN. Any Canadian members interested in this PM me for a deal in CDN
Thanks for looking

20160402_055445.jpg20160402_055335.jpg20160402_055916.jpg20151130_170032.jpg20151130_165932.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really nice - good luck on the sale!

Measured nut width is 1-1/4". Standard for tenor guitars is 1-1/8". This also has a radiused fretboard, for those of us that like that kind of thing.

Are you sure about that radiused fretboard? Mine doesn't have one, and I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

- FiL

Last edited:
Our you sure about that radiused fretboard? Mine doesn't have one, and I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

- FiL
seems like it would be hard to notice on a neck that narrow. I've been wanting one of these but I've got 2 new to me ukes this week so I'm done buying for awhile.

Our you sure about that radiused fretboard? Mine doesn't have one, and I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

- FiL

Absolutely 100% it has a radius. It was a pleasant suprise to me FiL because I had never heard it mentioned before either. When I noticed it I put a metal straight edge on the nut, saddle and fretboard. It is radiused.............. no if and or buts about it.

Do you have the cutaway with pick up FIL???

Last edited:
Here is a few pictures with a straight edge to show the radius. I just played it and man what a great sound, this is pure sweet acoustic guitar tone. If I didn't have the Pono this would stay, this does have a bigger fuller sound.

20160418_162108.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a few pictures with a straight edge to show the radius. I just played it and man what a great sound, this is pure sweet acoustic guitar tone. If I didn't have the Pono this would stay, this does have a bigger fuller sound.

View attachment 90364

I too have played this and it is a superb sounding instrument. The radius does make it easy to bar and get a clean note.

I would buy this instrument but Baritone is as big as I roll, baby!

If you have never had the pleasure of dealing with Dave, what are you waiting for? Descriptions are thorough and his reputation is immaculate. Pull the trigger.

View attachment 90364

Well, I'll be darned! The picture don't lie. Now I gotta go check my Blueridge when I get home tonight! (Yes, I do have the one with the cutaway and pickup.)

- FiL

Well, I'll be darned! The picture don't lie. Now I gotta go check my Blueridge when I get home tonight! (Yes, I do have the one with the cutaway and pickup.)

- FiL

Ok FiL now you got me real curious..........hope you got a radius too. I have been playing this and I know you love yours. If this doesn't sell I will not be dissappointed. The Pono is a better size for me but this Blueridge is kick ass in the sound department.

Last edited:
Yep, mine has it too. Never noticed it before! As stumsilly said, it's hard to notice on such a narrow neck, but it's pretty easy to see that radiused saddle.

These things do sound great. Hope someone snaps yours up!

- FiL

Yep, mine has it too. Never noticed it before! As stumsilly said, it's hard to notice on such a narrow neck, but it's pretty easy to see that radiused saddle.

These things do sound great. Hope someone snaps yours up!

- FiL

Thanks for letting us know that yours has a radius as well. Now I know I am not crazy and seeing things....at least not about this, lol.

I feel my price is more than fair, actually really low considering the case and shipping cost. I might just keep this after all, the sound of this instrument is something I really love

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know that yours has a radius as well. Now I know I am not crazy and seeing things....at least not about this, lol.

I feel my price is more than fair, actually really low considering the case and shipping cost. I might just keep this after all, the sound of this instrument is something I really love

Don't close the thread yet. Someone out there have not had a chance to read it yet. You don't know how many times I see something too late because seller decided not to sell after all
Most sellers list their beloved uke because the mood is right at that particular moment
Same goes with buyer too!

Measured nut width is 1-1/4". Standard for tenor guitars is 1-1/8". This also has a radiused fretboard, for those of us that like that kind of thing.

My new tenor banjo has a 1 1/8" nut too. It's narrower than my Ukes! It's a little tight; I'm gonna have to go on a finger diet! :eek:ld:

Last edited:
My new tenor banjo has a 1 1/8" nut too. It's narrower than my Ukes! It's a little tight; I'm gonna have to go on a finger diet! :eek:ld:

" A finger diet" ......:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

That's hilarious, maybe you can become a hand model..........or a Marine Biologist (George Costanza reference)

@ Bill1, that is very good advice regarding just keeping it for the future, thanks Bill

This is no longer for sale. I am taking the advice of Bill1 and keeping this great instrument. When you find something you really love the sound of it's crazy to sell it.

Thanks for looking folks but after three weeks and not a single offer this is saying with me. A blessing in disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom