1970's Suzuki classical

SoloRule

Reaction score
I know this is not the forum for guitar. I have already posted on the guitar forum . Many of you are guitar players , just thought I ask if you have any idea what kind of value for this guitar? If not, how about suggestion of site I can browse to find some answers? I heard Suzuki classical guitars built in the 1970's are pretty sought after !
This is exactly what I own but this is not my video. My guitar was purchased new in 1972 ! Just curious if it worth anything!

http://youtu.be/2CpVzXK5x2k

Last edited:
I don't have much knowledge on Suzuki guitars, but there seems to be info online if you search it out. eBay is a good source on value. If it is just a generic classical it will probably have a similar value as other 70's Japanese guitars at less than a hundred to maybe $200.

There are a few models that seem to take that value up to $500 or so. I haven't done much research to know which ones are desirable and which ones are just nice good quality guitars. There are enough of them on eBay to give the impression that they are not that rare.

As far as I can tell they don't seem to have a storied past like Goya.

John

I have a 1983 J200 (center) and a 1977 F180 12 string(right). The J200 is a Kiso Suzuki and a knockoff of the Gibson J200. The F180 is a Nagoyo Suzuki and a knock off the Martin D-20-12. J200 all laminate body, F180 solid spruce top, laminate B&S. Bought the 12 string a short while back for $160 and it is in excellent condition. Bought the J200 new and for personal reasons is invaluable. Might be worth $200 to someone? Suzukis were good budget guitars. They made a few Martin knock off Models that were all solid and those are a bit more sought after.

FYI, the guitar on the left is a BlueRidge BR371 Parlor. All solid Spruce and EIRW.

image.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware Suzuki made beginner level guitars, like Jose Ferrer (I have the latter), and although they're good guitars they don't fetch a lot.

I have one almost exactly the same. Label says Kiso Suzuki Stradivarius copy basically. I paid roughly $65 for it in a second hand shop a few years ago. Decent little beater classical to drag around with me.

Top Bottom