Martin M600 strings on a concert ukulele

cpmusic

Reaction score
Have you used Martin M600 strings on a concert ukulele? If so, what was your impression?

I've used these strings on a couple of sopranos, and I liked them on those instruments. But they're thinner even than other soprano strings, and I wonder if they have enough punch for the larger body. I don't have any on hand at the moment, so I thought I'd ask before buying some.

Thanks in advance.

I've used them on two concerts, neither of them sounded quiet or anything like that. For fluorocarbon strings, I don't find them thin at all, but that might be because I'm used to Worths. The Martins actually made my Luna concert sound better than expected.

Yes, I've used them on a couple of concert ukes and I really like them. I have found them to provide good volume and sustain. As ever YMMV.

I've got M600s on my Mainland Long-Neck Concert Pineapple and I'm quite pleased with them.

I've used them on both sopranos and concerts with nice results. Go for a set and see what you think.

My Go To strings. They sound good to me on everything I've tried them on.

Martin concert have generally a warm tone, you know the m600s are for concerts and sopranos
To some extent, it msy depend on what uke you are putting them on and what tone youre trying to achieve
They are medium thickness strings and do well on most ukuleles that are well made. Playability is still nice and
Comfortable. Happy strummings

Last edited:
I asked because I like to put clear strings on a painted uke so the strings don't distract from the artwork, and the Makala concert I painted recently sounds way too dull and quiet with D'Addario fluorocarbons. I know about Worths and a couple other clear fluorocarbons, but this is a gift and I want the strings to be inexpensive and easy to find when replacements are needed, and Martins are available just about everywhere. I've used M600s on a few Makala sopranos and they sound great on those ukes, but I wasn't sure about the extra length and tension of the concert scale.

I am happy martin m600s on both my concert and on my soprano. I can't say they are quiet. I like that they are a thinner string. They fit in the nut notches lower so the intonation is better on the first frets when compared to nylguts.

I just replaced the D'Addario EJ65C strings with the M600s, and boy, what a difference! The D'Addarios made the uke sound dull quiet, like it was severely overbuilt, but the Martins "woke it up" nicely, making it louder and brighter, but not too thin or boxy.

Thanks to all for your responses!

I just replaced the D'Addario EJ65C strings with the M600s, and boy, what a difference! The D'Addarios made the uke sound dull quiet, like it was severely overbuilt, but the Martins "woke it up" nicely, making it louder and brighter, but not too thin or boxy.

Thanks to all for your responses!

Awesome, what did you put them on? I loved them on my C1K...

Top Bottom