Ukulele dreaming

Nickie

Reaction score
Has anyone ever dreamed about a uke in your sleep? Last night I had a nightmare that a friend handed me his (fairly new) uke, and I looked down and the headstock was missing. We had had a misunderstanding and a small conflict that day and I felt badly about it, so that I had apologized.
Weird.
Share your uke dream experiences please....

For two years, my wife has traded her old guitar for an eternal harp. My bedtime companion now is at least one of my different ukuleles. Often, as I am working on a piece, an idea comes to mind while asleep. There is also a pen and a notebook beside it, so if I wake up , I write it down. Words of poetry happen often, and are written down. I have not had nightmares about damage to instruments. It is very restful to have a dream about something and reach beside me and actually try it out, and then go back to sleep. It used to drive me crazy to wake up in the morning and try to remember what were my night thoughts!

When back at the NJ UkeFest on Labor Day weekend in Morristown NJ, i.e., UKE NJ 3! (hosted by our own wonderful Scott Ferguson, 'ScooterD35' here on UU), I had a chance to try out a few ukes that were on display by Funky Frets at the vendor area.

One of those ukes, much hyped and also much derided here on UU was the Martin 1T IZ tenor tribute model. All solid mahogany. Matte finish. Very simple appearance, but fit and finish beyond anything else I have held in my hands.

OMG. It was so light and resonant, and felt just PERFECT in my hands, and the sound was like crying angels to me. I cried a little when I was playing it. Both from the sound it made, and because of the price.

If I had the $1,799 USD in hand at the time, I would have walked out with that instrument. That was and still is, a lot of money for me, to spend on anything right now.

I am frequently haunted by the sound and feel of that instrument, both awake and while sleeping.

I often have a dream, sort of a flashback of me playing it, wanting it, aching for it, but fully knowing that I cannot afford it nor own it (yet).

If this dream occurs close to my waking time, I wake up feeling sad, feeling a sense of loss until I realize and remember having had that dream the night before.

Right now, the Martin 1T IZ tenor uke is like the 'one that got away'....

One day...

Some day...

She will be with me.

Yes!
A while ago I dreamt that somebody hid my favorite uke. I was not cool!
I know because I kept telling the guy who hid it that it was not cool!

Sort of...

Has anyone ever dreamed about a uke in your sleep? Last night I had a nightmare that a friend handed me his (fairly new) uke, and I looked down and the headstock was missing. We had had a misunderstanding and a small conflict that day and I felt badly about it, so that I had apologized.
Weird.
Share your uke dream experiences please....

I'd been listening to IZ's White Sandy Beach video one evening and I woke up next morning just knowing what the finger picking patterns he used were...

None for me so far, but I have a lot of band practice and band trips in my dreams for some reason.... And recurrent auditoriums in my dreams.

I had a dream last night that several people I knew were buying very expensive ukuleles that I found interesting, and I got to play them all. Didn't have to spend any money, and had a great time! This is one of the ukuleles that for sure was in my dream:
http://www.theukulelesite.com/naturel-custom-concert-by-naoki-yoshiro.html

The night before that, I had a dream that I saw The Beatles in concert. Was right up close, (looked like Beatles from around 1966, maybe.) Was taking video and photos with my smart phone, (even though I don't have a smart phone in real life, and they didn't exist back then.) At one point, John got bored with performing and started to read a book. I wanted to know what he was reading, but couldn't quite see it, but figured I could enlarge my photo later and figure it out. Paul kept going, though, happily performing She Loves You, and he acknowledged me singing along. No ukuleles in that dream, but George might have had one, if I look back at my smart phone videos. LOL.

Top Bottom