Lardy Fatboy

whistleman123

Reaction score
Could somebody explain Lardy Fatboy? I get a million pinterest links to it of pics of really cool ukes, very few of which seem to be available in the market place! I don't get it!

My experience with Lardy Fatboy is that he's British and one of the people who was part of the group buy I spearheaded a couple of years ago to buy an Alida archtop electric uke directly from the manufacturer in China. It seems he created a database of ukes he likes and put that up on a web site. If you visited that site, it deposited a cookie on your computer that you logged in there and will keep track of your visit.

If you don't want the Pinterest links, you should be able to delete that cookie, I don't how to do that on a Windows system, but on a Mac using Safari, click the left Safari menu, in the menu that drops click Preferences. In the Preferences window click the icon Privacy and in that window under the button Remove All Website Data, click the small Details... button. In the list that shows, scroll to and choose the Pinterest item, then click the Remove button.

I can vouch for the fact that he is a real and responsive and very knowledgeable person with a perfect given name, living in the UK, but that he likes to keep a private life. Having said that, it's not hard to reach him through his website.

His 'database' is not representating an actual and physical collection of his, but pictures and tidbits of information he gathered on brands, manufacturors and model names, in a Wikipedia style (only without the wiki bit, so more like an encyclopedia) and it's actually very good. More substational and complete than the database maintained by Tiki King.

http://database.ukulelecorner.co.uk/

Top Bottom