Seaguar "Pink" fluorocarbon?

Soundbored

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Seaguar "Pink" fluorocarbon line? The marketing copy says it's "soft and supple". I don't know if that's good or bad for use on a uke.

I'm specifically looking for a .034 or .036 line for use as the C string on my sopranos. The D'Addario EJ99sc uke set is great, except the C string which feels a little low in tension for me. The classical carbon guitar set is too expensive to buy for one string, at $15 each.

Recommendations?

No, I've never tried the Seaguar "Pink" fluorocarbons, but you seem to be really knowledgeable about ukulele strings in general. I'm sure they're very good strings. Probably everyone should use them for a better sound. I hope you find what you're looking for.
:eek:ld:

In both of the Martin M600 and M620 ukulele string sets the C fluorocarbon string is in fact a 0.0340" and the whole set usually sells for like $5 USD like everywhere.

Martin is the ONLY pre-packaged uke strings that have anything thicker than the typical 0.0291" or 0.0320" C string that I have found in 3 yrs of testing strings.

Maybe just try the Martin strings???

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you Brad and Booli for the helpful suggestions.
I haven't tried the Martins, it's nice that they're so cheap.

Soft, supple and pink? Sounds like the ideal thing to put on one of those cutesy wittle soprano things.

:p:p:p

The D'Addario EJ99sc uke set is great, except the C string which feels a little low in tension for me. The classical carbon guitar set is too expensive to buy for one string, at $15 each.

Recommendations?

may I suggest you to keep playing them for a while?

I'm using the same set, and for a couple of weeks I continued to dismount it and re-string the Aquila Supernylgut (which are harder in tension), because even if I liked the sound of the D'Addario better, the Aquila seemed to be better in balance, tensionwise.

however, it was just because I couldn't do two days straight without switching them... I've had the Aquila on for a couple of months, so changing to a different tension and gauge felt strange, and I always wanted to go back to them.

the C in particular felt too low in tension, compared to the Aquila SN, BUT I then understood that the Aquila's C was too tight, I just got used to it and to the set.

at a certain point I decided to keep the D'Addario set on, and now it feels wonderful on every aspect, and I don't even remotely think of changing back.

take this as an advice if you started using this not long ago :D if you've used it for a while, and still can't get used, try the Martin M600, they have bigger C and E, but smaller A and G.

Also realize you just have too many sub $200 instruments in your siggy to value your comments much here.

Sorry, AL but I dont see how this comment adds anything to this conversation nor the OP's question about strings other than to create needless friction.

But no one else--only them. Poor us, put down, stepped on--ahh, well, at least we can say 'we were there.' :eek:ld:

And we had a blast!

Sorry, AL but I dont see how this comment adds anything to this conversation nor the OP's question about strings other than to create needless friction.

And your comment to me adds to this conversation without adding needless friction how again...

monkey pulling dogs tail

I see it more like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwPAW0HdgdQ

My post as a whole was informative for others who may read this in the future. I brought up the nylon vs fluorocarbon link without mentioning it was because the fattest strings I ever saw were D'Addario Titanium Ukulele strings. I couldn't get them off my soprano fast enough. It also seems like nylon string would be more susceptible to damage from long term storage if you read the link.

~ttfn~

Sorry.. you lost me with, "You haven't spent enough to buy cred. Here's a pat on the head though."

Sorry.. you lost me with, "You haven't spent enough to buy cred. Here's a pat on the head though."

Pat on the head? lol You need a hug? See DUD this is what I was talking about in PM so many say things online they would never say to a man face to face. I explained myself to Dick my concern being "his understanding" what I meant. You and Bill misunderstanding my comment as a cut on DUD is what it is. I love all my sub $200 ukuleles as DUD or anyone else should theirs. I'm the guy who blueprinted my smiley ukulele after all.

My string of choice being Aquila reds I feel would make very poor fishing line. Some ukulele strings are exactly that and nothing more. My 20's-30's Harmony IIRC $60 came strung with some type of fishing line strings. I assume they were nylon though by the feel.

~AL~

Top Bottom