Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 56
Nope. Still teeny tiny.

If you use something like Flikr, you can choose BB Code (and there will be some place you indicate what size image), and then copy that code and paste it into your message. Works great.

Already trying to help in the other thread.

As an artist who does custom work Ive learned if you dont want your work or your purchase copied dont post pictures on the internet. Least not large clear ones.

~AL~

Since it's showing up as a thumbnail, you haven't used a URL (web address) to show the image in your post, you seem to be still be uploading directly from your computer.

Also, enlarging a low-res image will only make it more and more blurry as it gets bigger. To have full control over the image size and quality, you HAVE TO start with a hi res image. I shot my brown burst uke with my Nikon D300s camera, which produces a 4288 x 2848 300 dpi image a smartphone or tablet should get close to that too). To change the size for UU, I use 72 dpi and proportionally size it to around 600 (automatically making the other measurement 398).

Then I upload it to my web site folder. When I post it to UU, I click the image icon, then the URL tab and enter the URL address from my web site.

Post UU image guide.jpg

You do not have to use an external site to host your pictures in fact doing so is bad for the longevity of your posts. You do need to upload bigger pictures to this site. Once they are uploaded to this site then you can use the address they are at here to show the largest pictures possible. As seen in the other thread.

Otherwise once "kohanmike.com" or whichever site used goes down posts are left worthless without pictures. Uploading them to this site makes certain they will not go poof! Otherwise everything mike has said is true.

Although I find in todays world with bigger screen resolutions I normally size my photos to 800 x 600. I have no idea how you got those pictures to show as thumbnails.

~good luck~

I didn't know I could upload and use the server address for UU. I understand about loosing an image because my web site server went down a couple of weeks ago and all my stuff was off line for about 24 hours. Where do I find the address on UU to insert in my post? I just tried a couple of different ways and I keep getting a thumbnail, not the full image.

Thumbnails happen automatically when I upload directly from my computer without using a URL.

I totally though this was going to be a thread about re-sizing an actual uke. I thought, "Hmm, maybe they put a new longer neck on an existing uke."

Hey Mike there are a couple ways to get the address. Below is a picture uploaded from my computer but as proven in the other thread it could easily have been uploaded from my cheap android tablet using firefox.

concert back.jpg

If I post or hit the "go advanced" button at the bottom of the reply box in the preview if I click on the small picture it first opens up limited by the device screen size I'm using.

Simply click on it again or right click and view picture to open the picture in a window with the address where UU is storing it. Then you can hand write the BB code image tags as such [*img]put addy here[/img*] just remove the asterisk *'s used to disable the code. Or you can hit the add image button select online and paste the address into the correct area just make certain to uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" tick. It will fail otherwise as it is already stored.

I usually hand write most BB code tags as I'm composing a post.

attachment.php

Last edited:
When I upload from my computer I get a small picture wherever I chose to place it within the text. [*ATTACH=CONFIG]numbers[/ATTACH*] It appears you can then remove the attach code for the this picture which I tried above but put back for continuity.

Test below showing my Wei Wei tenor. $18.50 IIRC before the old shipping price I think was $60.

attachment.php

EDIT: Ah ha! Removing the attach code adds the thumbnail to the bottom of the post!

Hope it helps
~AL~

Attachments

• tenor front.jpg
    tenor front.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I totally though this was going to be a thread about re-sizing an actual uke. I thought, "Hmm, maybe they put a new longer neck on an existing uke."

Well not to totally disappoint the OP's tenor does have a very large body. And a damn sexy fretboard with a most awesome inlay.

~AL~

Top Bottom