NUD - Firefly Banjolele

Trader Todd

Reaction score
I purchased a Firefly Banjolele from Kurt (river_driver) that he had posted on the Marketplace.

I've had too much fun playing it for the last 2 hours! This is my first adventure with a banjo of any kind and I think I'm gonna love it. (Paddle faster y'all...) It really brings and molds together everything I've learned on guitar, mando and uke for a nice Old Timey, Swingy and Folky kinda vibe. I think it helps that my clawhammer chops are coming together as well.

This is the basic soprano model with the plastic fretboard and Kurt upgraded it with Peghed tuners (good call). I think the concert with a hardwood fretboard would be pretty sweet. I don't have any pics and can't seem to figure out how to link the original Marketplace post in.

I can tell this won't be my last Magic Fluke purchase and UAS for a Fluke of Flea is already feverishly high...

Many thanks to Kurt (river_driver). A highly recommended seller and asset to the UU. Thanks.

I use to think I should have been born in the 50's, now I'm thinking the 20's.

Congrats. BanjoUkes are a bunch of fun. There's just something about them that brings out a smile.

I was born in the 1950s. Enjoy your relative youth. I played stage band in highschool. Never wanted to be born in the 30s.

Enjoy Trader Todd! Also, yes Kurt river_driver is a great guy too. Glad you guys were able to get together on a banjouke.

Congratulations on the Firefly!!!

I love my Firefly, my Fluke and my Flea. All great instruments that bring me endless happiness!

Scooter

Top Bottom