NUD -New 2016 KoAloha Concert (Final Update)

Kyle23

Reaction score
As some of you may know, a couple of weeks ago I purchased a used KoAloha from the forums. I was unhappy with the re-finish job someone applied to it so I emailed KoAloha to see if I could pay to have it fixed. Anyways, without getting into detail of what happened, I just wanted to show my brand new KoAloha concert! It's the 2016 version with the abalone headstock and all. I am at a loss for words. It is better than anything I could have hoped for. I've been dreaming of owning a KoAloha since I first started and this more than makes up for what happened a couple of weeks ago. I'm a horrible photographer and I can't seem to get it's true color when I take a picture, but the top is much darker than the pictures show. It's INSANELY shiny, I can't believe it. I can't take a picture without getting a reflection in it. The wood grain is stunning in person also, and it's hard to capture it on camera fully. Don't even get me started on the sound. Hands down the best sounding uke I've ever played, even better than the 2003 KoAloha I had with the finish problems. Build date - February 2016

Here are some pics!
IMG_2848.jpgIMG_2825.jpgIMG_2827.jpgIMG_2820.jpg

After a bit of editing, the first picture now looks accurate to how it looks in person. The natural light just makes it look so much lighter.

I did a little unboxing video, basically for myself if I ever wanted to go back and watch it. I always wished I did one for my first uke so I could relive the moment I opened it, so I'll upload that shortly.

One more thing. KoAloha, hands down has the best customer service I have ever seen in my life. They truly care about their customer and treat you like you're family. All of the stories you've heard are true. If you ever have the opportunity to talk to them or purchase one of their ukes, you will not be disappointed. I can never thank them enough.

Here's the unboxing video, it's a bit long so if you just want to hear a sound sample, I'll leave it down in the posts!

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Its beautiful! Congrats and thanks for sharing the story about Koaloha's great service

Looks awesome Kyle! Glad it all worked out for you.

Congratulations Kyle, I am so happy for you. Koaloha certainly lives up to and beyond their reputation and well deserved accolades. That is a beautiful instrument and if it sounds this good already then you have a real keeper on your hands.

It makes me want to buy another Koaloha...............like I need a reason to buy another uke :p

Well done, you deserve it so enjoy it for a long long time.

Its beautiful! Congrats and thanks for sharing the story about Koaloha's great service
Thank you. They really are great people.

Looks awesome Kyle! Glad it all worked out for you.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

BTW here's a quick sound sample. It does look much darker on video than the pics. It's about that dark in person also.

Congratulations Kyle, I am so happy for you. Koaloha certainly lives up to and beyond their reputation and well deserved accolades. That is a beautiful instrument and if it sounds this good already then you have a real keeper on your hands.

It makes me want to buy another Koaloha...............like I need a reason to buy another uke :p

Well done, you deserve it so enjoy it for a long long time.

Thanks for everything Dave. You definitely should. I'm actually thinking about a tenor :p yeah right, maybe in 5 years! I can assure you it will never be sold/traded. This is a lifelong-er given the circumstances.

Thank you. They really are great people.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

BTW here's a quick sound sample. It does look much darker on video than the pics. It's about that dark in person also.

Wow mate, what an excellent result, the customer service at KoAloha is totally first class!

I also love the way you play, you have a lovely touch, thanks for sharing.

Wow mate, what an excellent result, the customer service at KoAloha is totally first class!

I also love the way you play, you have a lovely touch, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to hear you sound good, because that's what it's all about!

Dude that uke looks and sounds fantastic. I'm happy for the you Kyle.

It's wonderful, Kyle. You deserve a uke like a KoAloha, you play so well.

Oh, and you ask at 2:30 minutes what that thing on the back is called, the thing you say you like; it's called the butt crack. That's the official nomenclature, anyhow.

I think that is some of the nicest KoAloha Koa I have seen yet.

Congrats and you are an excellent player.

It's wonderful, Kyle. You deserve a uke like a KoAloha, you play so well.

Oh, and you ask at 2:30 minutes what that thing on the back is called, the thing you say you like; it's called the butt crack. That's the official nomenclature, anyhow.

It makes me feel good knowing people think I deserve this uke. Means a lot to me. Oh duh, how could that slip my mind. Maybe it's because most of my ukes come crackless.

I think that is some of the nicest KoAloha Koa I have seen yet.

Congrats and you are an excellent player.

It really is gorgeous Koa. It's tough to see but there's all sorts of things going on in that grain when you look closely. I think it has some subtle quilting going on. Also it has so tiny tiny streaks going horizontal down the body which mixes well with the stripes going down. I appreciate it

I'm getting a little sound sample crazy, so this is the last one I'll put in here. I just remember trying to find sound samples of this 2016 model before getting it and there weren't much out there. So hopefully these help others.

It's so loud. I got more comfortable playing it over the past few hours and really dug in on this one. It booms, but stays crisp and clear.

I am so happy it all worked out!

Thanks Kathryn. When I first started posting here, I think the first two people I talked to personally were you and teruterubouzu. I was so jealous when she got her KoAloha concert haha. Feels like I've been waiting forever for this.

Congrats on the new uke. Great story. Glad it all worked out for you. Aloha Spirit Saves The Day! Play it every day!

Congratulations Kyle, how nice of KoAloha to help you out like that! It's a real beauty mate, really really nice!

Top Bottom