Tune heard while strumming

plunker

Reaction score
I have heard uke players and while they are struming, the melody comes through. Not sure if this is the correct way to decrib it, but it is the ay i hear it. Are there any books that teach this or have songs that show this.

Sometimes it's possible to play fragments of the melody by fingering the chord then lifting or adding a finger on successive strums. I've heard this done on guitar but not so much on ukulele.

Sometimes it's just a matter of knowing where the melody note is in the chord you're playing and 'aiming' for that string a little more to put more emphasis on that note.

I would assume you are referring to chord melody. This way you play most of the chords of the song and yet use the higher strings to bring out certain parts of the melody. It's used quite extensively by those of us who try and save the world from our singing. :agree:

Last edited:
I would assume you are referring to chord melody. This way you play most of the chords of the song and yet use the higher strings to bring out certain parts of the melody. It's used quite extensively by those of us who try and save the world from our singing. :agree:

Ha ha! So true.

That's me all over.

Petey is a member here, and I have "liked" many of his excellent videos. His enthusiasm for ukuleles is infectious.

I have heard uke players and while they are struming, the melody comes through. Not sure if this is the correct way to decrib it, but it is the ay i hear it. Are there any books that teach this or have songs that show this.

So Plunker, where are you in Palm Beach? I am in Hollywood and go up to Penny Lane in Ft. Lauderdale from time to time to the Beatles Jam. If interested, let me know and maybe we can meet.

Lenny...

Top Bottom