Ameritage case strap installation

Ukulelerick9255

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to install the strap on a Amritage case? I bought the baritone size case and then ordered the strap after and I have no idea how it installs. If not I'll call them on Monday.

Those cases need a strap. I did the same as you. I brought the case and strap to my local music store and the tech there did it for me. Another place to consider would be a place that repairs luggage.
PS. I have another Ameritage case that I need a strap for but have been ignored by GWW. I've tried to contact them via their Website a few time now but have never received a reply. Where did you get your strap from?

Ameritage doesn't come with straps because the average person can't carry them for long! Wheels are a better option. :) Seriously though, I've installed D rings I've gotten from Amazon and bolted them on. You'll need to remove some of the lining to gain access to the bolts.

They come with straps sold separately I bought one directly from them by calling the number on the website.

Ameritage doesn't come with straps because the average person can't carry them for long! Wheels are a better option. :) Seriously though, I've installed D rings I've gotten from Amazon and bolted them on. You'll need to remove some of the lining to gain access to the bolts.
I made sure that the mounting bolts were cut off under the lining so they didn't protrude anywhere near the instrument.
They come with straps sold separately I bought one directly from them by calling the number on the website.
Hard for me to call from Australia. Odd that they don't answer emails. Particularly since I had purchased one from them before. Can't understand why this is so difficult to do.

Chuck what kind of wheel system did you buy can you recommend something?

I got an Ameritage gold with the strap option--came with the strap itself, two mounting points, and the screws needed. It came uninstalled, but installation was relatively simple w a power drill.

1. Place the D-ring mounting points where you'd like them on the top of the case.
2. Use a power drill to carefully pre-drill the holes--4 in total. (Pro-tip, take the ukulele out first b/c you'll probably accidentally go through to the liner--which is fine b/c I think the actual screws were short enough to not stick through.)
3. Swap out for phillips driver bit and mount the attachment points with the included screws.
4. Clip the strap to the attachment points.

Very simple. That said, the padding on the strap is inadequate because the case is incredibly heavy and you will be sore quickly. I went on Amazon and got a supplement strap pad for shoulder bags and attached it. Far more comfortable now.

Top Bottom