Has anyone bought an Enya tenor ukulele? EUT-MG6

drose

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just bought an enya ukuele from china. Like this one! unnamed.jpg

I got it for a really great price! Too good to refuse. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these models? I got the solid mango EUT-MG6 which is a tenor model.

Interesting.
I heard a video sample. I own a Pono Mango tenor satin finish.
Seems like the gloss might add a bit of compression, but that is not a bad thing. I owned a Pono MTD gloss mahogany that had a nice compressed sound.

Definitely replace the "artificial ivory" nut and saddle with real bone.
I would also invest in a good set of fluorocarbon strings to bring out the mango wood. My feeling is that nylon and mango are not complimentary, I have tried many stings on my mango...MANY!
For stings, lots of UU members like the SouthCoast, Oasis, Living Water strings. I always add PHD to the mix.

I had one but all it would play was slow, dreamy, New Age music, and my tastes are more eclectic. So I had to get rid of it. :p

No I'm kidding. I've not heard of the brand, but it looks pretty. Let us know how it works out.

Interesting.
I heard a video sample. I own a Pono Mango tenor satin finish.
Seems like the gloss might add a bit of compression, but that is not a bad thing. I owned a Pono MTD gloss mahogany that had a nice compressed sound.

Definitely replace the "artificial ivory" nut and saddle with real bone.
I would also invest in a good set of fluorocarbon strings to bring out the mango wood. My feeling is that nylon and mango are not complimentary, I have tried many stings on my mango...MANY!
For stings, lots of UU members like the SouthCoast, Oasis, Living Water strings. I always add PHD to the mix.

Thanks, I fully planned on switching out the nut and saddle, I make my own. Also, I've used living waters in the past and love them! So I may switch them out.

I've tried their top models several times here in China. They are very nice.

How do they rival against US ukes?

US-made high end ukes are almost certainly better ukes, IMHO. Enya high end models would be one of the best from China. They CAN make a very nice uke, but like anything from China, quality control is nothing like in the West. You could get an awesome Enya, or it might be so-so.

I've been very lucky living here in China in the sense that I've been able to try them all and pick the best ones and at incredible prices. But I would be more afraid of buying Chinese-made ukes from afar.

BTW, my GUESS, and this is only a guess, is that a company like Mainland ukes, for example, probably takes advantage of both the low manufacturing costs of China combined with American quality control to provide very nice ukes at good prices. (Disclaimer: I do not have any financial interests in that company, nor do I own one of their ukes.)

Good luck with your Enya!

Received my uke last week! Very loud, awesome sounding uke, with beautiful solid mango wood! I did a set up on it and replaced the nut and saddle with buffalo horn, and it really added to the warmth and sustain! Really pleased with it.

Last edited:
Received my uke last week! Very lpud awesome sounding uke, with beautiful solid mango wood! I did a set up on it and replaced the nut and saddle with buffalo horn, and it really added to the warmth and sustain! Really pleased with it.

Congrats! Happy to hear it worked out for you.

Top Bottom