NUD: Bushman Soprano

gustophersmob

Reaction score
Howdy!

I stopped in my local guitar center yesterday just to see if they had any used basses. Swing by the acoustic room and saw about 20-30 ukes hanging on the wall. Quite a sight since they usually have about 5 ukes. Anyway, they had about 4-5 mainland sopranos, 2 mainland concerts, several Boulder Creek (?) ukes and a couple more common ones from kala and lanikai. They were all marked as used, but we're all obviously brand new. All the boulder creeks were $150, the mainlands were all $99 and the lone bushman was $49.

I spent over an hour playing all the mainlands and the bushman. I liked them all, but the bushman seemed the best built and had the nicest tone. I really like the friction pegs, much less neck heavy. I'm still tempted to go back and get a mainland since the price is so good.

I asked the sales guy and apparently they bought a small store's inventory when it went outbid business last week. Knowing the local music store scene pretty well, it must've been a store somewhere else.

If you're in the Dayton, OH area, swing by before they're gone. They don't show up on their used inventory online, but if you call them, they will likely ship it to you.

I can't quite figure out what model bushman this is. It appears to be the newer one after they moved production a few years ago. It looks lien mahogany, but it's really light colored. Also, the sound hole has an abalone inlay which is different than the current Jenny line. Also, no label, just a serial number inked where the label would be.

image.jpg

Nice to here good things about Bushman for a change! I've been thinking about getting one of their Rock-a- Billy archtops. Enjoy your new uke!

Congratulations! One of my friends has a Bushman, and she loves it!

Congrats. My son's Jenny concert really came alive when he put Living Water strings on it. I'd snag a Mainland too at that price.

Wow! Mainland concert for $99!
BTW, nice looking Bushman for $49...:shaka:

Thanks everyone!

I didn't know about all the customer service issues bushman has had when I bought it. I'd actually never heard of them, so did a quick search in my phone in the store and found out it was a solid wood Uke. Plus it just sounds good ;)

I'm tempted to finback and get a mainland concert, but I'm attracted to the smaller soprano size. My main instruments are acoustic guitar and electric bass, so I like the idea of relaxing with something smaller than a piece of furniture! A concert seems somehow to be so much larger, and I think it has to do with the 14 fret neck. I still might get it...

Top Bottom