Big Island tenors and Kanilea tenors

Martynas

Reaction score
Hello what is your opinion who builds better tenors? For example k-1 tenor and kto-tr big island?

Hello what is your opinion who builds better tenors? For example k-1 tenor and kto-tr big island?

I have a Big Island concert that I love. The word is great, and the assembly work they did (in Vietnam, I believe) is outstanding, I can't see a spec of glue. Based on that what else I've seen, I feel like Big Island provides tremendous bang for the buck.

That said, theres no comparison to my Kanile'a—just totally different league. Kanile'a is a true innovator in my opinion, from their unique bracing to their body designs. The wood is awfully pretty, too. But the sound, that's the real thing....

I have a Big Island concert that I love. The word is great, and the assembly work they did (in Vietnam, I believe) is outstanding, I can't see a spec of glue. Based on that what else I've seen, I feel like Big Island provides tremendous bang for the buck.

That said, theres no comparison to my Kanile'a—just totally different league. Kanile'a is a true innovator in my opinion, from their unique bracing to their body designs. The wood is awfully pretty, too. But the sound, that's the real thing....
+1. Between the two- Kanilea.

I have both and although my Big Island is nice i would say my K1s playability is much better.

Ditto on the Kanilea's. Big Island nowhere near the same league.

I've owned both as well. There is no comparison, Kanilea is a superior build and sound. Found my Big Island to have a very beautiful finish and appearance but very low volume, no projection and just ok sound quality.

Kanilea, for all the reasons stated above.

Top Bottom