UU membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martynas

Reaction score
Hello guys, i wanted to ask if someone could lend UU membership account to watch few videos? there are good tutorials thats why i want it

You are a member, odd question.

I would think it's against the rules, sharing of accounts is generally forbidden regardless of platform.

I would think it's against the rules, sharing of accounts is generally forbidden regardless of platform.

And a good rule it is too. Once you release/send information, you have lost control over it. When training teachers about IT security and appropriate web usage we highlight this very strongly. Also In this age of identity theft why would anyone consider doing this?

? Go to youtube or simply pay whatever fee you're talking about.

I have a paid subscription. And it is worth it.

Because I have such appreciation for Aldrine and all his crew do; I wouldn't share my account.

I have to say, the suggestion of sharing memberships kind of rubs me the wrong way. I don't doubt maybe it happens, just as it does with Netflix or Hulu. But UU is not a large corporation, it is run by a few guys on Kauai. They are offering a lot of free content and some that is paid. Plus, even if it didn't screw over some nice guys, giving your password to a paid account to a stranger on the internet is just dumb and risky.

My suggestion is just subscribe for a month to watch the videos you want. You can cancel anytime. :)

I have to say, the suggestion of sharing memberships kind of rubs me the wrong way. I don't doubt maybe it happens, just as it does with Netflix or Hulu. But UU is not a large corporation, it is run by a few guys on Kauai. They are offering a lot of free content and some that is paid. Plus, even if it didn't screw over some nice guys, giving your password to a paid account to a stranger on the internet is just dumb and risky.

My suggestion is just subscribe for a month to watch the videos you want. You can cancel anytime. :)
+1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :)
you handled it beautifully and diplomatically Stacie :)

Well said. I don't think the guys who run this site are getting rich off of it, so please help the site/community here if you can by buying a paid membership!

Hello guys, i wanted to ask if someone could lend UU membership account to watch few videos? there are good tutorials thats why i want it

I am greatly offended not only by this post, but also the intent which seems to have been behind it.

Sorry Martynas, but that's not how the other part of UU works, and is not only stealing from/cheating the fine folks who produce the content for a living, but also just really bad form as a person.

This forum is free unless you want to pay for VIP access or send money in via the 'Support The Forum program', and is likely paid for to exist by the Video Lessons membership given on the other part of UU.

As such, we are lucky to have such a resource as this forum, and anyone who would jeopardize it's existence wont end up finding lots of friends here.

Nobody in their right mind is going to give you their login credentials, and anyone who is ignorant/stupid enough to actually do this deserves the hell-storm that is likely to follow.(identity theft is just the start of it all, nevermind against the Terms Of Service)

Save up some money and buy your own membership.

Last edited:
I am greatly offended not only by this post, but also the intent which seems to have been behind it.

Sorry Martynas, but that's not how the other part of UU works, and is not only stealing from/cheating the fine folks who produce the content for a living, but also just really bad form as a person.

This forum is free unless you want to pay for VIP access or send money in via the 'Support The Forum program', and is likely paid for to exist by the Video Lessons membership given on the other part of UU.

As such, we are lucky to have such a resource as this forum, and anyone who would jeopardize it's existence wont end up finding lots of friends here.

Nobody in their right mind is going to give you their login credentials, and anyone who is ignorant/stupid enough to actually do this deserves the hell-storm that is likely to follow.(identity theft is just the start of it all, nevermind against the Terms Of Service)

Save up some money and buy your own membership.

I totally agree. There's an assumption made by many that anything available on the Internet is free (or at least should be free), and ownership of intellectual material (music, art works, books, videos, etc.) is an antiquated concept. I can guarantee you that when people are no longer compensated for their labor, the fruits of that labor will soon disappear.

I have been sent a PM by another member that states the OP is very young. I am going to chalk this one up to naivete and innocence on the part of the poster, rather than greed or subterfuge. Either way, it looks like the answer to the OP's question is no (thankfully!) so I am shutting this one down before it gets even more heated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom