case help!!

Still Water Weapons

Reaction score
This horrible metal thing is the culprit of now 2 scratches to my beloved Pono. Obviously it's my fault since it did not jump out and scratch my uke. Regardless, due to the fact that I am too clumsy to own nice things, I need to modify my environment.

Question to you seasoned ukers, do other hard cases have these sharp, pointy, tear inducing things? Is there a brand that doesn't have these "shivs" pre-installed?

[URL=http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/CHRISALLTECH/media/hook_zpsekz6hdmn.jpeg.html][/URL]

I have a Ukecrazy case for my Pono tenor. And had another for the Pono MTD I sold.
No sharp ends. Never had an issue. Easy to carry, has a nice big pocket to put my mini-stand and books.
I think they are around 40-50 new.

Oh, and sorry to hear about the scratches. Are they on the soundboard or the sides?
Are you opening the case all the way when taking the uke out or just propping the top up with your arm?
I am trying to figure out how your uke hit that thing.

Last edited:
Is your Ukecrazy case hard or the "hard foam"? I have one for another uke, but it is the hard foam type. I would like a hard case since this uke goes places.

One is on the top, very tiny. I was removing it and pushed the case backwards which caused the lid to close onto the uke while it was half way out. The next one, as I was removing it with my left hand, the lid was all the way open and I twisted the uke or something and hit the side of the bottom bout against that metal tab.

Argh, I feel for you. I did the same once with my beautiful Mele. Lucky the damage wasn't bad, but I certainly learned my lesson...

Top Bottom