Big Thankyou to Chuck Moore

Timbuck

Reaction score
Today I recieved a wonderfull present from Hawii in the form of a couple of soprano sets of top grade Koa :D...Chuck did say he was sending me a little something but he did not say what it was ..to be honest I was expecting something like a Coconut bra and a grass skirt :eek: or a Moore betta baseball cap even..But the sets are great and will be put to good use ASAP...Thanks Chuck you are one of the best .:cheers:

oh dear this could start a dangerous trend. We can't have people sending surprises around the world. What next? ... If Koa is the (very nice) surprise from hawaii then what would be the surprise from the UK? ... Black Pudding?

but seriously ... that is a nice gesture Chuck.

Congrats on the Koa sets...Chuck is one of a kind....he and his wife Bonnie are the best people I know that I call friends.....:) so much Aloha from them
no pressure building with that Koa....:) have fun

What a lovely gift.

Whoa! A Timms koa soprano with MB mojo included? You might want HMS to handle that auction instead of eBay. :D

How cool is that! Looking forward to seeing that ukulele come to life.

Today I started on this Beautiful Koa tyhat Chuck gifted me...there were two soprano sets, one of the sets was a bit on the thick side at approx: 5.5mm.
and as my bandsaw was already set up for slicing thin veneers, I was confident that I could slice this set down the middle so with assole puckering away I went.. and wayheeeey i got away with it'

Koa 1.jpg
koa 2.jpg
koa 4.jpg

Last edited:
Today I started on this Beautiful Koa tyhat Chuck gifted me...there were two soprano sets, one of the sets was a bit on the thick side at approx: 5.5mm.
and as my bandsaw was already set up for slicing thin veneers, I was confident that I could slice this set down the middle so with assole puckering away I went.. and wayheeeey i got away with it'

Sanded down to .075"

Wow, that's some impressive resawing! You've got to change blades every few years to get a cut that nice, don't you?
Seriously though, I've never seen a blade like that. What's da scoops?

Last edited:
Started on the first set ..It seems to be coming together ok...nice bookmatch...I usually do 1 piece fronts and backs on sopranos so this has been a bit of a diversion.
All glued up and trimmed.

With Binding added

a couple more pics

That's going to be one lovely uke after Mrs Timms has applied the FP...fabulous koa and craftmanship. I really like the design on this one, a style 2 no?

Very nice!

I recall you usually use your heated contraption thingimijig to help make the arch in your one piece uke backs. Did you do the with this one given the glue joint on the plates? Just wondering if the glue joint would hold.

Top Bottom