AER Compact 60/3 acoustic amplifier - Gerald Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
FS: AER Compact 60/3 acoustic amplifier - Gerald Ross - price drop!

For sale: AER Compact 60/3 acoustic instrument amplifier. Many consider this the ultimate amplifier for acoustic instruments - guitar, ukulele, mandolin etc sound incredible through this. World renown guitarist Tommy Emmanuel uses AER amps in his stage shows.

I purchased this new in November 2014. I used it in my smoke-free home and only once on a gig - a local corporate party. It is in near-mint condition. I hesitate to say mint condition (but would like to) because it is not factory new.

Included is the amp, carrying case and the AER tilt system ($25 value - angles amp off of floor).

New these amps sell for $1200. Your price $899. The price includes Fed-Ex ground shipping to anywhere in the 48 contiguous United States.

Contact me at: gbross@umich.edu

From the AER Website:

The AER Compact 60-3 Acoustic Guitar Amplifier is a professional, compact and powerful amplifier system.
This amp was specifically designed to provide unparalleled performance with acoustic instruments but it also excels for electrical ones. If you are looking for the ultimate in acoustic guitar amplification, look no further than the AER Compact 60-3!

AER’s design concept was focused on the singer-/songwriter who requires outstanding reproduction of his/her instrument and vocals yet needs a handy unit with gigbag which is easily portable. AER sought to produce an amp that would accomplish this while astonishing audiences as well as sound-engineers through excellent sound and pro instrumentation. Throughout the years, the Compact 60-3 has become a standard in amplification, delivering the outstanding AER tone in nearly all possible situations.

Overview
- 60 watts
- 8 inch (200 mm) twin cone full-range speaker
- Two channels with triple-/dual-band equalizer
- 4 digital effect presets (reverb 1 and 2, delay, chorus)
- Hi-Z unbalanced input for instrument and line-level sources
- Controls: Gain, 3-band parametric EQ
- XLR (balanced) 1/4" (unbalanced) Combo jack.
- Phantom power (factory set)
- Switchable instrument or microphone input
- FX Loop
- Line out
- Headphone out
- DI output
- 10.2" H x 12.8" W x 9.25" D
- 14.3 lbs

IMG_1519.jpgIMG_1523.jpgIMG_1525.jpgIMG_1526.jpg

Last edited:
very nice amps I own one of these anyone after a good acoustic amp would not be unhappy with this one and they a very light to carry around too but dont let the lightness fool you it is a very powerful amp with great tone and the reverb settings are fantastic

Thanks Trevor! It is a very nice amp. Small, powerful, loud and lightweight.

The top of the line acoustic amps like the AER, Henriksen and Shertler (all in the same price range) specialize in simply making an acoustic instrument louder without coloring or altering the tone of the instrument. This is what you want in amplification when you play an acoustic instrument, right?

Typically non-acoustic guitar amps emphasize the mid-range tones. This is excellent for rock, blues, country etc. Those amps tend to fatten up the tone and they also add a bit of musical distortion. Different tools for different jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom