Prince songs that work on uke?

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
RIP Prince. Anybody have links to tabs or vids for good uke renditions of Prince tunes?

Good? No. But here's my take on Purple Rain

I'd done a version of Kiss, too, but it was taken down the the Purple Lawyer Brigade.

How about
"I love you baby, but not like I live my Ukulele"?

Or did he sing guitar, I don't remember.

The guy who runs the local group often gives a nod to the recently deceased by producing a song of theirs. I will be interested to see if he does on this occasion because Prince is not someone you'd expect to hear being played on an ukulele. Which in itself is a good reason to do it.

Had seen the Mattydee piece previously, awesome.

Just started doodling around with The Cross - mostly just two chords and the same repeated riff. Haven't got the riff down yet but I'm rocking the two chords ;)

Edit: riff appears to be - Ab A B Db D Db B A (or F# G A B C B A G if you cheat like me and play the whole thing in D).

R.I.P.

Last edited:
It was, we also did Nothing Compares 2 u, written by Prince, although I haven't seen a video of that yet.
h

I like this one.

He also had a great version of Kiss that I learned years ago, but for some reason the sound is not working on that video.

The sound's not working because Prince was notoriously stringent about takedown notices on YouTube covers of his songs. I had a cover of Kiss removed and a strike put against me. It remains to be seen whether the same conditions will exist in the future, especially with the flood of tributes over the past week.

Top Bottom