Brand New KoAloha on Ebay

Hmm not a fan of people listing an instrument which is 10 years old as "New", but being a KoAloha it could be a good deal.

According to ebay:
"New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item"

Last edited:
Hmm not a fan of people listing an instrument which is 10 years old as "New", but being a KoAloha it could be a good deal.

Good point.
I messaged the seller and this is what he responded with:

I bought it maybe 8 or 10 years ago strummed a few times and always kept it in a cool dry place . It s in perfect new condition with the tags
I suppose I should change the listing to pre owned but it would be like buying a new one .

Hope this helps , it was built in March 2006

Dang I missed this! Auction ended at midnight, I fell asleep too early. Seemed like a good deal. Don't really have a desire for a concert, but that was hard to pass up.

Anybody here buy it?

Dang I missed this! Auction ended at midnight, I fell asleep too early. Seemed like a good deal. Don't really have a desire for a concert, but that was hard to pass up.

Anybody here buy it?

I watched it until the end. 1 bidder at about 10 seconds left. I was hoping it was a UU member.

always kept it in a cool dry place

Would this not be the kiss of death for a solid-wood(en) instrument that requires a minimum humidity level to stay intact?

I mean if yer storing old comic books or manuscripts, then sure, a cold, dry place will keep the mold, rot and bugs away, but I dont get how it's a benefit for a 10 yr old uke to be kept that way...

Somebody please help me to understand...

...please! :)

Would this not be the kiss of death for a solid-wood(en) instrument that requires a minimum humidity level to stay intact?

I mean if yer storing old comic books or manuscripts, then sure, a cold, dry place will keep the mold, rot and bugs away, but I dont get how it's a benefit for a 10 yr old uke to be kept that way...

Somebody please help me to understand...

...please! :)

Holy moly!
I have been on flu meds for a few days and didn't even notice that he had written that.
I am not sure anyone can explain that one to you.

Holy moly!
I have been on flu meds for a few days and didn't even notice that he had written that.
I am not sure anyone can explain that one to you.

In the original listing, there was no mention of the build date. I may not have been the only one, but I contacted the seller asking for the build date, and then sent a follow up question asking how he was listing this 10 year old instrument as NEW. He later edited the listing to include that info, and changed the condition to used.

Hopefully the buyer will be getting a great ukulele, but it quelled my interest.

Top Bottom