chinese Humidifier?

I looked at the page and checked out the specs. The depth of the unit is either 80 or 85 mm, depending on how they measure. That's considerably deeper than both my tenor and concert ukes soundhole. I think there's a good chance they would be too deep for ukes. Probably would work for guitars and maybe baritone ukes.

Personally, I prefer a humidifier that fits into the soundhole. The ones that just get tossed into a case don't appeal to me since they can move around and possibly damage the instrument.

I used to make them with a 35mm film canister (a plastic pill bottle would work fine, too). I drilled four or five holes in the top and put a chunk of sponge in there. Re-dampened every few days. This will get you by until you have a chance to get something a little fancier.

Also, don't forget, you have to put the uke in a hard case or some kind of reasonably sealed container (plastic bin) for the humidifier to work.

i wont put now because its pretty wet in my room and we dont warmp up anymore because its 15 celsius outside.
but ill buy it later

To be safe, don't hesitate on buying one because you think the humidity in your room is normal. You just spent a ton of money on a Uke, spend the extra $10 and be safe ASAP.

To be safe, don't hesitate on buying one because you think the humidity in your room is normal. You just spent a ton of money on a Uke, spend the extra $10 and be safe ASAP.

I agree.
I invested in an indoor digital temp/humidity gauge to monitor levels. I think they are around $10 on Amazon and worth the price if you have solid wood instruments.
Luckily. I live on an island and my humidity stays in the safe zone 99% of the time.

Top Bottom