Custom Boat Paddle ML tenor

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
Up for sale is my custom Boat Paddle ML tenor. Narra back and sides with a Western Red Cedar top. The oversized body contributes to the wonderful, full sound with excellent projection and sustain. It is strung with Savarez strings and a Savarez Cantiga polished wound low G. It is a beautiful ukulele with many, many upgrades. Here are the specs:

Narra back and sides
Western Red Cedar top
Mahogany neck
Maple binding on the body, fretboard, sound hole, and side sound port
Ebony faceplate, bridge and fretboard
MOP BP logo and thumbnail markers
Bone nut and saddle
Waverly tuners
Gloss finish
MiSi under saddle pickup
Custom hard case

There are two small dings under the bridge from a string change, and some faint strumming scratches and play wear. I am adding two sound clips below.

$1600.00 Shipped CONUS, Paypal please. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/dkcrown/ste-000-2
https://soundcloud.com/dkcrown/ste-000-copy

Last edited:
That is just gorgeous Dana. What is the build date on this and are you the original owner. Thanks

Hi Dave. The build date is June 2012, and yes, I am the original owner. I commissioned this uke from Jerry.

Dang. Wish I had the funds to do this ... beauty of an instrument! Wow.

For those unfamilar with BP, he uses a pin nut, no nut slots. Maybe a close up for those who haven't seen these? My daughter lives in St. Louis and I've played a few. not this particular model, though. His is an innovator and the great sound of his instruments speaks of his success. I've always lusted after one. this one is stunning!

Stunner. Really like, ALOT!

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the compliments on the uke folks. And per strumsilly's request, here is a pic of the pinned nut.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm interested in the stand you are displaying your beautiful BP on. I also own a couple of Jerry's creations and would like to buy or build 2 or 3 stands similar to these. Can you give me any details directly or a PM if more appropriate ? Good luck with your sale. I'd really, really have a hard time letting go of my BP's.

OMG. I so want this!

You should get it then! You won't be sorry. No matter what is in your collection now, this would become one of the best and most loved.

Generally, I don't weigh in on threads with personal observations but ...
Jerry (Boat Paddle/Hoffmann Lutherie) Hoffmann's work is second to none.
Someone is going to walk away with an exceptional instrument.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm interested in the stand you are displaying your beautiful BP on. I also own a couple of Jerry's creations and would like to buy or build 2 or 3 stands similar to these. Can you give me any details directly or a PM if more appropriate ? Good luck with your sale. I'd really, really have a hard time letting go of my BP's.

I made the stand that the uke is on. I am a cabinetmaker by trade. It is maple and mahogany with ebony appointments.

Beautiful uke, I've been intrigued by Hoffmann's ukes since I saw one in a thread a few months ago. Really stunning, and the tone of that one was mindblowing, as I am sure this one is as well. Someone will be very happy with it, good luck with the sale.

I made the stand that the uke is on. I am a cabinetmaker by trade. It is maple and mahogany with ebony appointments.

I do some woodworking myself and have some beautiful curly maple just waiting for this. My sincere compliments on your design and execution.

Top Bottom