New Ukin' Chair

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
I bought a nice, $10 second hand office chair to replace my old one, Friday. It had non-removable arms on it, and it made objectionable noises when I moved.

I took the left arm off, mostly so I can fret my banjos, but it works well for strumming my Ukes too, of course.

Not bad for ten bucks. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. :eek:ld:

I just bought myself one as well for only $10! At my work they were cleaning out storage and had a ton of chairs and other office related furniture and equipment selling pretty cheaply. I wasn't even in the market for a chair but I just looked to see what they had when I discovered the chair I eventually bought. It was covered in dust so it was obviously sitting in storage for quite a while. It was the only one of its kind and it was the very type of chair I enjoyed sitting in most when at work. (I work in a setting where we don't have assigned chairs/work spaces) It was only $10 whereas all the others were marked at $17 so I bought it with plans to use it as my uke chair. It's a very nice, comfortable, heavy-duty one with levers and adjustment knobs I haven't even learned what to do with yet. The chair does have arms and they could be removed but when I adjust them as low as they go, they're a good 5-6 inches below my elbows so they aren't a problem. I was pretty excited to find such a bargain!

Yeah, mikelz777, life ain't ALWAYS bad. My new chair is a better music chair than my old one. I hope yours is too. :eek:ld:

This is my "new" chair. It's definitely better than my old music chair because my old music chair was my bed! I play in the bedroom so I'm not disturbing the rest of the household. I would always sit on the edge of the bed with one leg folded on top of the bed and the other one over the side, foot on the floor with my music book perched on the pillow. It's so much easier and more comfortable sitting in the chair next to the bed and using the bed as my music stand. My master plan is to get my daughter to clean the tons of junk off the top of her desk in her room so that it is usable and to use this nice, sturdy chair to replace her cheap, spindly student chair. Since she's off to college 9 months of the year, I'd use her room/desk as my uke playing spot.

I love the chair itself. It's well-padded, comfortable and firm with nice lower back support. It's got a heavy, kind of a rubbery/vinyl material for the back and seat so it will be very durable and won't absorb spills or other unpleasantries.

IMG_2070.jpg

Last edited:
This is my "new" chair. It's definitely better than my old music chair because my old music chair was my bed! I play in the bedroom so I'm not disturbing the rest of the household. I would always sit on the edge of the bed with one leg folded on top of the bed and the other one over the side, foot on the floor with my music book perched on the pillow. It's so much easier and more comfortable sitting in the chair next to the bed and using the bed as my music stand. My master plan is to get my daughter to clean the tons of junk off the top of her desk in her room so that it is usable and to use this nice, sturdy chair to replace her cheap, spindly student chair. Since she's off to college 9 months of the year, I'd use her room/desk as my uke playing spot.

I love the chair itself. It's well-padded, comfortable and firm with nice lower back support. It's got a heavy, kind of a rubbery/vinyl material for the back and seat so it will be very durable and won't absorb spills or other unpleasantries.

View attachment 90579View attachment 90578View attachment 90579

Yeah, mine's pretty much like yours except mine's cloth. If you take the top off one of those spindly, metal music stands and add a leg on the back, you can use it on the desk OR the bed. Just tape a plastic or even a piece of heavy cardboard on the back for a leg. It works; I did it!

:eek:ld:

Top Bottom