FS/FT GoldTone BUT tenor banjo uke

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
There are a lot of good ukes on the marketplace lately but I don't see any banjo ukes, so I'll throw my hat in the ring.

This is an excellent condition GoldTone BUT tenor banjo uke. I got it from Mim awhile back so the setup is great. It is currently strung with Southcoast high d dGBE strings. Comes with the hard case that would survive a Sasquatch attack. Also comes with the super fancy strap you see in the pictures.

I think I made a sound sample video or two. If there is any interest I'll see if I can dig up those up.

Price is $350 shipped to US.

The only trades I'm interested in at the moment would be a concert Flea or Firefly (but must have Peghead tuners) or maybe a concert Waverly Street.

7EBCD5B1-DA1D-4579-B959-304D0FE74EA8_zpsff0ob7mz.jpg

more pics on photobucket
Let me know if there's something specific you'd like to see.

Last edited:
Yeah, i just have a thing against friction tuners. Don't nobody try to tell me how great they work for you. I just don't like 'em. :p

Good luck on the sale Jim!

Jim, can you post the videos of it playing? And maybe a few more photos? You've peaked my interest despite my better judgement.

Eta... Just saw the link for more photos. Oops!

Last edited:
Oh man. This is tough. I know you're asking $350 but would you take $300 shipped? I know it's already a big step down from retail/what you might have paid.

The cost issue is the weight. Shipping is going to be about $60 with the included hard case. I think the $350 is a fair compromise so the buyer gets a decent price break over brand new (for a "practically" new) and I don't completely lose my shirt ;-)

I get it but figured I'd ask. Worst you can say is no.

Lemme think on it a bit. I love the sound and the look. That gets me into trouble! Lol

I've thought about it, and I just can't spend that much, as much as I would love to have it. I did find one I hope I will like as much (a Luna) more in my price range and went ahead and ordered it. If I hate it, I can always send it back to Guitar Center. Thank you for your time though- I do appreciate it! And good luck finding a new home for yours!

Top Bottom