Kanile'a K-1 tenor satin finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
I've reluctantly decided to part with my Kanile'a tenor. I bought it a year ago after trying it out in a store alongside a KoAloha and a Martin T1K. I was won over by the Kanile'a's deep, woody tone. Unfortunately I'm just not giving it much playing time, as I've mostly shifted over to concerts. It's still in mint condition.

I had it professionally set up for low G tuning, which I think this uke is made for with its slightly larger and deeper body - but of course you can switch back to high G if you like, though the saddle has been compensated for low G. I don't know if that would need to be adjusted if you switched.

A hard foam case is included. I'll try to post a video soon but in the meantime here are some pictures.

I'm asking $850 shipped CONUS. I'm open to trades - ukes, tenor guitars, guitars, mandolin family, etc. Cash could go either way for the right deal, though I'm more inclined to trade down than up, value-wise.

Bottom line is this gorgeous uke needs to be played.

k1.jpgk5.jpgk8.jpgk13.jpg

I've dealt with Jon before. I bought a Uke from him a while back. Easy transaction and as described.

Edited reply to say thank you Martynas for editing yours

Last edited:
First of all it is very bad form to criticize the pricing a member sets on an item they own, they know it better than you do. Secondly this is reduced by approx 20% which for a mint condition used K brand uke is quite approrpriate.

Couldn't agree more, especially since you are new here. Don't like the price? PM your offer, assuming you are serious in the first place .

Agree as well. Just because it is pre-owned doesn't mean it should be highly marked down. Especially since it is in mint condition.

Chill guys. I just compared the same ukes here and on other place. Actually i bought same uke for xxxx dollars in mint condition.
If so , you got a great deal, but someone else's sale thread is not the place to discuss it. Why rain on someone elses parade?

Last edited:
Martynas, I deleted your post about getting a similar instrument for less. Any potential buyer(s) should do the necessary research regarding the cost of an instrument and should not be used as an excuse for price gouging or cost comparisons. The OP has set his price and questions, problems and any offers/counter offers should be done privately.

Sent a pm. Thanks.

Beautiful uke. I love Kanile'a... the sound of course, but also the feel of them. Wish I could justify another, I'd be all over this one.

Sorry to abandon the thread - I had a busy couple of days, almost as busy as this thread has been! Thanks to everyone who added their perspective (skeptics included). This is what I love about this community.

Sale is pending.

Hello,

please let us know if it sells,
if not sold, I am interested in purchasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom