NUD: I'iwi Custom Koa Tenor

Loz

Reaction score
Just received this beauty from HMS. Have only had a chance to play it for about an hour or so but wow, what a first impression. Excellent tone, clarity, sustain, volume, and playability. Here are a few pics. I'll plan on posting a review once I get fully accustomed to it but my initial impression is very positive. Thank you Andrew and everyone else at HMS.

26652616301_82de145f0a_b.jpg

26692839836_f1174f7db3_b.jpg

26115065353_05ed23c690_b.jpg

Stunning. Congratulations. I love the detail and the wood grain. Very nice.

Loz, I have an I'iwi concert that I found when visiting Hawaii a couple years ago. A wonderful and sweet sounding uke. I can well imagine what your tenor must sound like, but do play for a while and eventually post a review! I think Fukuba's work is classic Hawaiian in sound, feel and playability. Heartiest of congratulations to you!

Congrats...very nice uke.....Charles one of the best builders on Oahu.....have fun!!

that uke looks sweet!! congrats!

What a looker!!! Have admired I'iwi's on HMS every time I've seen/heard one. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Congratulations! What a gorgeous uke!

What type of bracing is used on this ukulele?

It certainly is a stunning instrument.

Nice head stock. Beautiful wood.

What does the 3 holes represent as far as sound projection? Are they different sizes for a reason?

Best wishes on a beautiful Uke.

Well done, I was lusting after that very uke on the HMS site. I'iwi are very high up on my "gotta have one" list. Just stunning, congratulations. You seem to have some camera skills, great photos.

Thanks everyone for your comments, enjoying it it with a cup of coffee this morning ;)

What does the 3 holes represent as far as sound projection? Are they different sizes for a reason?

The best speakers have separate cones for bass, midrange, and treble frequencies. Same here. :p (OK, probably not really, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.) :shaka:

Top Bottom