NUD: Córdoba 15CM

UkeStuff

Reaction score
A fellow was selling a nearly new Córdoba (iOS autocorrects the accent) 15CM, and I purchased it today. I offered what I thought it was worth on the used market ($60) and that was accepted. As another laminate, my Makala CE is very close (but the Cordoba's original cost is higher), but on the surface, the Córdoba has more aesthetic appeal, and sounds just a bit brighter and clearer.

That said, I have been playing the Makala CE a lot since I bought it in January as my first ukulele--so the stock Aquillas may be losing their brilliance from hours of playing (on a good ukulele day at school, I am probably playing along with students for 3-4 hours a day). I would have to change the strings to really get a good idea of which ukulele sounds better.

Granted, my NUD isn't a K-model like so many of you--but still a NUD nonetheless.

Congrats on your new baby! I played a Cordoba for two years, and learned a lot!

That is a good uke and the price was ok too. I have had a laminate Cordoba, might even be a 10CM, for several years and it sounds surprisingly good to my ears. Action is good, it stays in tune etc. I keep mine at work, so I could play if I get spare minute.
Enjoy the NUD. Btw, I am so glad you asked what NUD stood for as I had been wondering myself but would always forget to ask for clarification.

Congrats. Those 15CM's are extremely good sounding for an all-laminate uke. A great score

Congrats. Cordobas are awesome. I actually got my friend into playing the uke and he asked me to search his craigslist for him and suggest a uke. I found a Cordoba 20CM solid top for $80 and he loves it.

Cordobas are nice. I played some in Sam Ash one day and thought they sounded really good compared to more expensive ukes on display there.

Hello Choirguy, Cordobas are well made inside where no one can see the attention to detail, and a little personal attention to the action will make it your own special treasure. Also Kyle23, you were in the right place at the right time to get a solid top 20CM for $80. Whoopee!

Congrats Choir Guy! I had a Cordoba Cuatro/Baritone, which I really liked and regret getting rid of (I was moving/downsizing). They're great value and lightweight.

Congratulations on a good deal! I don't have a Cordoba uke, but I have one of their Fusion guitars, and their value is easy to see and hear.

Córdoba makes some good ukes!

I recently got a 35T-CE. It's definitely a first class ukulele with only the high end Hawaiian and custom ukuleles being better in quality. You've got a ukulele from a company that deserves more respect and attention here on the site.

Choirguy, I have the soprano version of the Cordoba "15", and I really like it! Not to mention it's beautiful to look at! Nice acquisition!

Top Bottom