PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2011 Collings UT3K Brazilian Board

markT
05-01-2016, 04:25 PM
For sale is a recently purchased beautiful UT3K. I am new to ukulele's and thought I'd like a tenor best, but figured out I like the concert size & sound best.
This is an amazing instrument with wonderful bookmatched premium Koa top, back & sides. Brazilian fretboard, bridge & faceplate. Lightly flamed Honduran Mahogany neck.

Just restrung with Collings recommended, Savarez Alliance 150R set day before yesterday & one new set included. Original case in excellent condition as well. Ship's in Collings Uke shipping box.
No issues. No modifications. No surprises.

Sounds great, looks great, and in great shape. A few strumming marks that can only be seen at certain angles in good light.

Not looking to make anything, just getting my $$ recouped.
$2500 Paypal'd & shipped FedEx to your door.

I'm new here, but have years of selling & shipping experience on the Collings forum, AGF, TGP, eBay, reverb and others...

I have many more photo's I took today and have them uploaded to photobucket. Trying to get them to post here. Working on it.
See 17 photo's at link below. :)
http://s764.photobucket.com/user/markolong/library/Collings%20UT3K?sort=3&page=1

markT
05-06-2016, 11:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUAElbTzi10&feature=youtu.be

I had a few pm's wanting sound or video samples....so here you go! I have only been playing ukulele for 2 weeks, so never mind the playing. I think you can hear the quality of this instrument.

Here is some additional info from Collings...

"Your UT3 K was completed on 3/29/2011 and shipped to Custom Shop Guitars in San Antonio, TX.

The specs of your UT3 K are as follows, with custom options highlighted in bold-
Premium figured koa body with mahogany neck
Ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
Black/white purfling
Abalone with wood nitrite strip rosette
High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
Bound "Haircut" headstock
Brazilian Rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid ivoroid Collings logo
Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard
Mortise and tenon neck joint
19 Frets, neck joins the body at the 13th fret
"C" shape neck and 1.73" string spacing
12" Fingerboard radius
1 3/8" Bone nut
17" Scale length
Narrow 18% nickel-silver fretwire
Ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
Pegheds tuners with 4:1 ratio
Recommended string gauge - Savarez (.57mm, .69mm, .81mm, .57mm)
Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage

Best regards,

Collings Guitars
11210 Hwy 290
Austin, TX 78737-1913"