FS Washburn Rover - tiny guitar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

river_driver

Reaction score
Figured there might be some interest amongst uke players for this one!

I'm selling a Washburn Rover travel guitar, with fitted case. This is a steel strung, 24" scale guitar with an itty-bitty body. See photos for comparison to a tenor ukulele:

IMG_0647.jpgIMG_0648.jpgIMG_0653.jpgIMG_0654.jpgIMG_0655.jpg

Solid spruce top, laminate mahogany (sapele) back & sides, rosewood bridge and fretboard, truss rod. Fitted hard foam case. The whole package is designed to be able to stow in an overhead bin on an airplane.

More photos and description in the next post!

Couple more pictures:

IMG_0649.jpgIMG_0650.jpgIMG_0652.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: I purchased this guitar as a refurbished b-stock. The bridge was lifting a little bit, but it has been effectively (if somewhat inelegantly) reglued. See pic below:

IMG_0656.jpg

The bridge repair is solid. Washburn recommends using light/extralight strings (9's or 10's) anyway, and I wouldn't foresee there being any problems.

Asking $120, which includes CONUS shipping. Payment by Paypal gift payment please. Please post or pm me with questions!

Looks like it's in nice shape. If this were nylon string with 52MM NUT, you'd have my money already.

According to Washburn, the nut is 43mm, which is too small for me to play comfortably with 6 strings....

However, good luck with the sale, this is a great instrument - someone will be very happy with it! :)

You are right Booli, the Rover has a 43 mm nut, which is a pretty standard nut width for steel strung guitars, especially those intended for flatpicking. Washburn did ever so briefly produce a nylon strung version with a wider nut, but they are scarce as hens' teeth. This one can be fingerpicked, but if you're used to ukulele string spacing it'll take some getting used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom