Im Not Gonna Miss You - Glen Campbell (from the documentary I'll Be Me"

lelouden

Reaction score
Some of you may or may not know that we are loosing one of the most talented artist of our time to Alzheimers. Glen Campbell is in his last stage of the disease. There is a documentary of his last tour called "Ill Be Me". In it he tours with his talented family. They help him get through every concert in a loving and patient way while he struggles with the disease. Throughout the film he can still play his guitar and sing like there is nothing wrong at all. Its the power of the music. Music brightens the mind and spirit.

Rotten Tomatoes reports that the film has received a 100% "Fresh" rating, with 30 positive reviews and no negative ones. The critical consensus reads, "The heartrendingly honest Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me offers a window into Alzheimer's that should prove powerful viewing for Campbell fans and novices alike."

Here I have covered the song that he and his friend wrote. It is Campbell's final studio recording. Campbell and close friend Julian Raymond, the film's executive producer, won a Grammy Award, and were nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song for writing the film's theme.

Last edited:
Top Bottom