WTB: solidbody electric tenor

Liquidayno

Reaction score
No longer looking.

I am no longer looking, thanks!

Last edited:
I imagine your hoping to find someone on UU that wants to sell one for a good price, but at least to give you a choice, I've been seeing this Lanikai Hawaiian built solid body tenor on eBay fairly often, but it ain't cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lanikai-Makapu-u-T-Hawaiian-Solid-Body-Acoustic-Electric-Tenor-Ukulele-Koa-Top-/371612594008?hash=item5685d62f58:g:A3wAAOSwlHRXI44Q

Lanikai solid body.jpg

Last edited:
There is a concert model Teton solid-body nylon string electric for sale in the UU Marketplace...

see here: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?120387-FS-Teton-Solidbody-Concert-Electric

Also, you can get a Sojing brand tenor which is similar, via eBay or Amazon from the same seller, 'Jimmy's Music' or 'Defy Music' for around $155, which is what paid for mine over 2 yrs ago. There are a few sellers on eBay, but this one is in New Jersey the others are all in China and will take 30+ days to get to the USA.

The Sojing needs some work, but plays great after you tweak it. I have Mi-Si pickup in mine.

Thanks Booli - I have looked at the Teton model, and it is not a thick enough body for what I need. I am thinking the Pono or Ko'olau model, or the Lanikai Mañana or Makapu'u will work, but am open to other suggestions.

Thanks Booli - I have looked at the Teton model, and it is not a thick enough body for what I need. I am thinking the Pono or Ko'olau model, or the Lanikai Mañana or Makapu'u will work, but am open to other suggestions.

No problem.

How does a thicker body play into what you are looking for?

Are you planning another MIDI conversion with the piezo saddles, and hexpander-type preamp, with the RMC or Graph-Tech systems?

Yes, I want to find a good candidate to do a MIDI install in.

This time solid body and nylon strings.

How does one change the title of a listing to have that change then appear in the listing?

I changed the title, but it appears the same in the listing....

I might try a new post as I really have narrowed down my search to the specific ukes now mentioned in my post.

How does one change the title of a listing to have that change then appear in the listing?

I changed the title, but it appears the same in the listing....

I might try a new post as I really have narrowed down my search to the specific ukes now mentioned in my post.

Did you try, EDIT POST and then click GO ADVANCED, and then in the new window that comes up the TITLE is editable, and then change it and save it?

That's all I know and it's worked for me in the past - maybe try it, and if it does not work, then you can ask the mods, buddhu, wickedwahine, or kanaka916 to help you - send them a PM - they are all really nice folks...

Yes, I tried exactly what you suggested Booli and it doesn't work. I have tried it several others times in previous threads over the last year, and can never get the title to change (it changes to the new title once you are on my thread, but it stays the same in the listing).

Yes, I tried exactly what you suggested Booli and it doesn't work. I have tried it several others times in previous threads over the last year, and can never get the title to change (it changes to the new title once you are on my thread, but it stays the same in the listing).

Oh. Ok. Sorry it does not work right - maybe my memory was off.

Then a PM to one of the moderators is your best bet before you make a new thread - if you want, after it's fixed I'll delete my posts here so it does not derail your topic for your WTB subject...no worries - just let me know...

I just came across an old thread:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-olau-CE-1-Baritone-Ukulele-Amazing-Condition

I didn't know they made a Baritone version of that uke - I'd love to buy one of those!

IIRC, a while back fellow UU brother Brad Bordessa (Hippie Guy) did a review and youtube video of that instrument. Maybe he will sell you his if he still has it.

As per your post above, judging from the eventual ebay listing, it seems it did not sell there because the reserve was not met...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koolau-CE-1-Baritone-Ukulele-Excellent-Condition-/331236568191

Maybe you could contact the seller here on UU and reference his thread and see what happened to it?

Maybe he still has it and will sell it to you?

Maybe he sold it to someone who now wants to re-home it and will share that info with you so you can contact the buyer?

I was thinking that if/when I get the cash to add the GraphTech hexpander MIDI preamp and piezo saddles for classical guitar to my Sojing tenor. It has a very large body cavity for the electronics so all the items should fit inside no problem.

Maybe worst case scenario, you could get one of the Sojing ukes and try that, unless your intent it to MIDI-fy the uke and then flip it for for fortune and fame (like the RISA LP, Godin MultiUke and the Blackbird BTU previously)- the Sojing may not appeal to enough of an audience for you to even recover your investment.

Surely you have done the math already..

Right now I just suffer along with the iOS and Mac OS X app called 'MIDI GUITAR' from Jam Origin. It works but your technique has to be SUPER CLEAN otherwise you get lots of ghost notes and harmonics that you in fact did NOT even play. I have yet to find a perfect sweet spot for dialing in the sensitivity for pitch recognition...

Thanks Booli, I did reach out to the UU member who had that Baritone - we'll see if he knows where it is.

That Sojing looks interesting - I can MIDI one for you if you ever want to do that.

From taking a look, that PONO BE Baritone looks like what I am after!

Last edited:
If you're still looking for a baritone I'm selling my Pono. Love it - but I'm going to keep playing tenor size and the baritone sits in the case.

Jill Geary
San Diego
email: providenceV39@aol.com

Easiest way is to ask a moderator. You can use the report feature somewhere in the thread (the triangle icon with the exclamation mark on the left side below each post). Just tell them what you want the title to say. :)

Pono TEC available. Listed here

I am looking for a solidbody electric nylon string uke.

Mostly a Lanikai Mañana or Makapu'u, or a Pono TE or BE.

Especially interested in the Pono Baritone solid body!

Open to others that are similar.

I have a Pono TEC Acacia with cedar top. Just don't use it as much as I thought I would. Has radius fretboard too. $500 plus shipping.
Let me know if you are interested.

Top Bottom