Ono Concert 16" scale Alaska Yellow Cedar/Myrtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

w/o-talent

Reaction score
Very reluctantly I am selling this incredible ukulele, and you will see in another listing I am offering a Romero Tiny Tenor in all koa. Why am I selling? Circumstances in life change. That's the best way I know how to delicately put it.

I purchased this uke from luthier, David Ingalls, in November 2013. Here are the specs as completely as I can remember.

16 inch scale concert
Alaska Yellow Cedar top
Myrtle body
Port Orford Cedar neck
Custom rosette
Peghead overlay
Carbon fiber reinforced neck
Oil finish
Gotoh UPT planetary tuners in black
Bindings and tail graft
String-thru bridge
Black strap buttons on the heel of the neck and tailend

It does not have the cantilevered fretboard that David is currently building into his ukes.

Alaska Yellow Cedar is a soft tone wood. There are strum marks and I have tried to capture that in the pictures. If you are buying a uke to look good, you will not want to buy this ukulele. If you want to buy a ukulele that sounds great, you will want to buy this ukulele.

The comments in Ukulele Eddie's thread http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?117759-Ono-Alaskan-Yellow-Cedar-Myrtle-16-quot-Concert-%28gCEA%29 about his AYC/Myrtle capture my thoughts also, plus his playing on his sound sample is better than what I can put together.

Also, as mentioned in that thread, Kalei plays it tuned up a step and the result is fantastic. https://vimeo.com/146447159

David's current base price, as published on his website is $1,000. That does include the cantilevered fretboard. The bindings and tail graft add $150, for a total of $1,150. I originally listed this with a Kanile'a hardshell case which is in the pictures. Instead of the Kanile'a case I am offering this ukulele with an Uke Crazy case. In addition, the price does not include shipping. The buyer can tell me whether they want to use UPS or FedEx, and I will add to the price the actual charges.

The price for this ukulele is $500 which includes the Uke Crazy case, and buyer pays shipping charges.

P1030999.jpgP1040004.jpgP1040005.jpgP1040006.jpg

I will add more pictures below.

Last edited:
Pics trying to capture the strum marks. In the interest of complete disclosure, I don't think the pictures do a good job of properly showing the marks. And there are strum marks on both sides of the fretboard. There are some other random marks on the top besides the strum marks. Again, it's a soft tone wood that sounds great.

P1040010.jpgP1040011.jpgP1040016.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 16" Alaskan Yellow Cedar top Ono as well. I absolutely love the tone. It is really really warm sounding but has a very powerful resonant tone. It is not at all jangly or strident. Almost sounds like a tenor.

These ukes are so under priced. Especially used.

I have an Ono with very similar specs. Lovely instrument. This will make somebody very happy!!

I appreciate the kind words. And seeing the photos is very pleasant, kind of like running into an old friend!
:)

Now an Uke Crazy case is being offered instead of the Kanile'a hardshell case, buyer pays shipping, and price drop. Thanks!

Howza, this is still here?!? Hmmm, do I really need two kidneys? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom