Season of the Ukulele 221: O Canada (Part Deux)

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
Reaction score
It's been nearly three years since Myrna offered a tribute to the USA's northern neighbor (unless you're from Alaska, like Myrna, and then it's your neighbor to the east, but I digress ...).

This week, Seasonsistas should post entries from singers, songwriters, and performers hailing from Canada.

A list of Canadian musicians is here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_musicians

A list of Canadian musical groups (many genres) is here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Canadian_musical_groups

UPDATED: A list of Canadian bands (subset of groups):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_Canada

Usual rules apply (normal start and finish time — no early posts!! — multitracking and collabs welcome, so long as the uke is the star; new videos for this season only).

Please limit to three entries if you're interested in winning one of the FABULOUS PRIZES, but also feel free to post bonus entries or put others on the island.

Original songs about Canada or Canadians welcome!

The prizes:

1) A 3' x 5' Canadian flag
2) A copy of the Smithsonian Folkways CD Classic Canadian Songs
3) A toque! (Actually, a hipster beanie from Mims Ukes, but still ...)

I'll probably award prizes randomly at the end, unless I change my mind.

WARNINGS:

1) If you cover a Celine Dion song, you may need to sing it in French.
2) If you cover a Justin Bieber song, I may ask the mods to remove you from the board. :D

PLAYLIST

AFTER RECORDING THE VIDEO ...

I also decided everyone should win this week, so ... I'm making a donation to the Canadian Red Cross's Alberta Fires Appeal to help those folks in great need right now who are trying to endure the wildfires in Southwestern Canada. I'm going to make the donation now, in the name of the Seasonistas, because those hardy souls need every bit they can get immediately. If you'd like to help, too, here's a link:

http://www.redcross.ca/about-us/red...mcmurray-fires--launches-alberta-fires-appeal

Thank you, have a fun season, and have a beer for me!

Last edited:
Great theme, you hoser! This should be fun, eh?

Wendy! How's it goin', eh? Take off!

Take off, you hoser ... and pass me a beer and some back bacon, eh?

[Oh dear ... I hope our host and any actual Canadians present will forgive me now for thoroughly trivializing this wonderful theme and our comparatively sane neighbors to the north. So sorry ... but the McKenzie brothers and their "Canadian content" are etched in my memory far too deeply to dislodge.....]

Last edited:
Rick, I cannot tell you how absolutely thrilled i am about the theme. My mom was born in Montreal and I've such a strong connection. Spending time in the Canadian Rockies and Quebec City, and on Vancouver Island were all incredible experiences for me.....spiritual homecomings whose impact lives on to this day.

And thank you for your decision to support our neighbors in the North who have been displaced by the fires in Alberta.

O Canada! I'm in!!!!!:worship::worship::worship:

Take off to the great white north eh? Victoria Vox is from Canada right? I love her. I will also say the Little Miss Higgins plays baritone ukulele in addition to a mean blues guitar... Just sayin!

I am in Vegas for business next week but I hope to work something up when I get back on Friday. Woo hoo!

Yeah Rick. There's a Neil Young song I've been working with a bit and it also has Canada in the lyrics.
BTW I've been to every provincial capital city except St Johns in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Can any seasonista say they've been to more Canadian Capitals?

WARNINGS:

1) If you cover a Celine Dion song, you may need to sing it in French.
my french is terrible!

but that MAY not stop me

this week is, after all eurovision week

and that lovely lady has a great connection with the contest

so

yeah just watch out! lol!

if i have just the right amount of alcohol, this could happen! :uhoh:

FAB THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

For the folks up north and out west, from the 21st century's best cowboy poet ...

I did one Corb Lund song in a previous season. However, Don Edwards is still alive, so imho that makes him the best cowboy poet. But he's from New Jersey.

You can't go wrong trying to rank the best cowboy poets --

Top Bottom