I had the nicest conversation with Ryan from UU in regards to UU+ yesterday

Czechmate01

Reaction score
As a UU+ student I was sent an email asking if I wanted to talk via skype or phone about my UU+ experience. This type of customer service is awesome, the really care about what members are looking for in terms of lessons and improvement courses. If you are new without any prior experience in playing a stringed instrument, I highly recommend giving UU+ a try. I suggested that do a few music tutorials for absolute beginners that are a bit slower paced and going more into detail about chord progressions in the particular song and taking a bit more time strumming patterns for that song and to provide chord sheets for their tutorials. Another suggestion I made was to include a loop button on their songs so that you can set a start and end time on the video to practice a measure or few bars of the song that might be a challenge. Finally I asked them to consider a strumming course similar to their essential chords course with practice sound tracks so you would be able to practice different strum patterns with an emphasis on back beats and timing in both 4/4 and 3/4 time signatures. I truly enjoyed my chat with Ryan he seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Ryan is an unsung hero here at UU. He and others keep this site and forum nice and clean. They get have to deal with the spammers and phishers constantly and we barely notice it. On top of that he's a nice guy too!

Cheers to Ryan and all that make UU a nice place to visit.

Just a point though maybe off subject, this is a place I would certainly pay for but for the fact I use a baritone ukulele and their does not seem to be a lot on this instrument .... So I can't learn from here unfortunately .... This is a great site though and I would recommend to anyone

Just a point though maybe off subject, this is a place I would certainly pay for but for the fact I use a baritone ukulele and their does not seem to be a lot on this instrument .... So I can't learn from here unfortunately .... This is a great site though and I would recommend to anyone

You may play the same chord shapes on Baritone, the chords will just have different letter names. A C chord for Ukulele becomes a G on Baritone for example. A Baritone is 2.5 steps down from an ukulele.

Yes im a Ryan fan too, one of the founders and one of the most important peeps the keeps UU forums running smoothly and making improvements.
Unsung hero for sure :)

Top Bottom