NUD Kepasa Jospehine in Koa

natchez

Reaction score
I was fortunate this week to receive my new Kepasa Jsephine in Koa from Kevin Crossett in Middlesex, VT. I had the chance at the recent Reno Uke Fest to sample the wares of some very well reputed builders and Kevin’s work compares quite favorably.

Specs are:
Koa top, back and sides
1 ½" at nut
14” scale
Ebony fretboard, bridge and head plate
Radius fretboard (very mild curve with a 20” radius)
Grover open-geared gold tuners w/black buttons
Strung with Worth Browns

Kevin was an absolute pleasure to deal with and the ukulele’s fit and finish are superb. I asked for and Kevin delivered with a wood set with even golden tone throughout. I did not want anything too flashy, so this is essentially Kevin’s base model with just the tuners switched from friction to gear.

The strings are still settling in, but the tone is loud and full. The neck is extremely easy to play; I told my wife it seems to play itself. This ukulele is truly more than I could have hoped for.

Maybe next weekend I will have time to upload a sound sample.

Much thanks to Kevin at Kepasa http://kepasaukulele.com/ for making my vision come true!

Attachments

• IMG_0292 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_0292 (800x533).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0290 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_0290 (800x533).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0291 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_0291 (800x533).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 94
Very nice looking ukulele. The Koa is very even color and pattern very attractive. I like the dark bindings. Congratulations. Enjoy....... I'm sure you will have many many years of fun with ukulele .

Congratulations on it. I've never heard of this builder before. Looks lovely!

I've owned three (Sop, Concert & Tenor) and still have one (Concert Gypsy) of Kevin's KEPASA Ukuleles.

Kevin is a premium builder and really knows how to coax the best quality sound out of any wood combination that is used.

His builds are of heirloom quality!

ENJOY!!

That's a beautiful Ukulele you've got there. Amazing finish work, and detail.

I've actually had the pleasure of seeing that uke in person, since I work for Kevin at his Guitar Shop (GuitarSam) in Montpelier VT.

I'm personally a big fan of the ukes he builds, I've never seen one that I have not liked.

Very nice! Congrats!!

Thanks for the comments. Here is a sound sample. Please excuse the crappy playing and recording- I never recorded anything before, so I need to learn how to do it better.

https://soundcloud.com/user-592071381/kepasaditty

I clearly am not doing justice to this wonderful little instrument. It is a soprano with a 14" scale, so it sounds a bit concert like.

Congrats! There's nothing better than a uke that is easy to play. You don't need bling if it sounds that good!

Nice sound on the Kepasaditty, and nicely done. If the Josephine plays itself like that, I may just have to buy one. :cool:

Top Bottom