Advice on hanging ukes

blodzoom

Reaction score
I'm looking at the hercules hooks for safety. Does anyone have experience with these and ukes? They say that it works but I read at least one review where they claimed that it rests on the tuners instead of the headstock.

Anyone use these or recommend another? Also, any pics of nice hanging arrangements? Distance between hooks? Padding between body and wall? Anything I haven't thought of yet?

A firing squad is much more humane.

I converted a bookshelf into a humidified display case and hang my ukes from hooks and a leather fob around the bottom 2 tuners. I know people have some concern about hanging that way, but after about two years there are no problems what-so-ever.

Uke shelf group 800.jpg

string swings...
wall3.jpg

I did Aldrine's suggestion. The hooks are less than a buck a piece.

I did Aldrine's suggestion. The hooks are less than a buck a piece.

I recently put up a rack like that for my bass ukes, but bought a ready made 48" slider system for around $75 because my stash of instruments changes, in fact, when I first bought it I had 7 basses, but by the time I received the parts and put it up, I was up to 10, which is the limit on the rack.

My bass rack 400.jpg

Hippie Guy, Thanks, that's a better way to search. Still not quite seeing what I'm looking for.

Kohan Mike, That looks nice and is a great looking collection.

UkerDanno, I have seen a lot of good comments about the String Swings, but I notice you have a Pono, Martin and a Kanile'a that are not hung up there. Is that for humidity reasons or you don't feel like it's safe enough for those? I don't think I'd keep my nice ones hung all the time but for most of the year here, humidity isn't a big concern, so I want to have the option to keep them handy and display them.

I see a lot of DIY options that I just don't think I would trust for the finish/safety of an expensive uke. I think I'll just order a Hercules and see if it fits. If it looks good, I'll order a few more.

UkerDanno, I have seen a lot of good comments about the String Swings, but I notice you have a Pono, Martin and a Kanile'a that are not hung up there. Is that for humidity reasons or you don't feel like it's safe enough for those? I don't think I'd keep my nice ones hung all the time but for most of the year here, humidity isn't a big concern, so I want to have the option to keep them handy and display them.

humidity, we have single digit humidity most of the time, the hangers are plenty sturdy.

Top Bottom