PDA

View Full Version : Exciting news

Cassie
05-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Hey guys, I've got some really cool news! I've got a gig on Wednesday! I'll be singing for kids in a day care that someone I know runs. I'm looking forward to it! I'm already planning a list of songs. I thought I'd let you guys know. I doubt I'll be able to get a recording but I'll see what I can do.

kvehe
05-09-2016, 08:44 AM
That sounds like fun for everyone!

Croaky Keith
05-09-2016, 09:00 AM
You're on your way now! :)

Hope all goes well for you, & that you enjoy doing it.

:cool:

Ukejenny
05-09-2016, 09:06 AM
So much fun!!! Good luck and I hope you have an awesome time!!! I know the kids will love it!

natchez
05-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Terrific! That should be lots of fun; kids are a wonderful audience.

kohanmike
05-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Good on you Cassie. Break-a-leg (which comes from old English theatre when an performer takes a bow from the waist, if the audience is really responsive, they take a deeper bow by bending/breaking at the knee).

johnson430
05-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Good luck. And like kohanmike said. Break a leg. =)

Griffis
05-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Awesome! I am a librarian and do storytime programs for pre-school kids as well as other programs for older kids. I very often play music as part of this. Lately it's been acoustic guitar, but starting tomorrow I'm switching to uke. I've also played a lot at nursing homes, etc.

You are going to do great! Please report back after you've wowed that audience!

Nickie
05-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Tear it up Cassie, have a ball. Whatever you do, the kids will love it!

mm stan
05-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Woo hoo cassie thats awesome girl, way to go happy strummings

Joyful Uke
05-10-2016, 07:40 AM
That's wonderful! Spreading the joy of music, and hopefully, getting some children interested in learning music, too. Have lots of fun!

Cassie
05-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Mahalo all of you. This is little Kalea's first official gig with me. She's already set and waiting for the big day. I checked her over and made sure she sounds nice. I'm going to do John browns baby, Michael Finnegan, Six little ducks, Five brown teddy bears, LOs pollitos, that's a Spanish song but I'll translate it. I'm a little coo coo clock, there ain't no bugs on me and once an Austrian went yodeling. Five brown teddy bears will help them with counting.

markT
05-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Congrats on your gig Cassie! I'm sure you'll warm some hearts~

Cassie
05-11-2016, 02:04 AM
Aloha everybody! Today's the big day! I have Kalea all set and ready.

Cassie
05-11-2016, 06:19 AM
Aloha! Just got back. They loved it! Some kids even requested songs and Some I didn't know all the way but I got it. At the end, Puff nagged about every little thing she noticed that she didn't like. All i heard on the way back was, "Don't do this, you need to quit that." It spoiled it. She kept saying, "I'd be mad if I didn't get paid if I were you." I told her I wasn't expecting to get paid. She just thinks I should get paid no matter what.

Griffis
05-11-2016, 06:46 AM
Cassie,

So happy for you and the kids and thanks for the report. Very cool to hear. I knew it would go well! Kids are a natural audience and music is such a wonderful, fun tool.

I'm going to do John browns baby, Michael Finnegan...

Hey, when you get to Michael Finnegan, how can you go any further? I thought that song went on forever!

Nickie
05-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Way to go Cassie!

kvehe
05-11-2016, 08:18 AM
It sounds like everyone had a blast, although I'm sorry your parade was rained on a bit.

Croaky Keith
05-11-2016, 08:50 AM
Double thumbs up to you Cassie - thumbs down to 'Puff' (whoever that is)!

So glad you & the kids enjoyed it. :)

Cassie
05-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Puff is the nickname I gave my sister. It started when she was little. I won't go into the whole story but Her favorite pokemon character when she was a kid was Jiggly puff. She even complained that I was being too careful with Kalea's case before we left the house to go to the day care. She said, "You don't need to baby it! It's in a case for a reason! I just want to be careful with little Kalea. Kalea is the nickname I gave my little Kala Soprano. Puff's having that time that all girls have and so she nags more than normal.