Exciting news

Cassie

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got some really cool news! I've got a gig on Wednesday! I'll be singing for kids in a day care that someone I know runs. I'm looking forward to it! I'm already planning a list of songs. I thought I'd let you guys know. I doubt I'll be able to get a recording but I'll see what I can do.

So much fun!!! Good luck and I hope you have an awesome time!!! I know the kids will love it!

Terrific! That should be lots of fun; kids are a wonderful audience.

Good on you Cassie. Break-a-leg (which comes from old English theatre when an performer takes a bow from the waist, if the audience is really responsive, they take a deeper bow by bending/breaking at the knee).

Awesome! I am a librarian and do storytime programs for pre-school kids as well as other programs for older kids. I very often play music as part of this. Lately it's been acoustic guitar, but starting tomorrow I'm switching to uke. I've also played a lot at nursing homes, etc.

You are going to do great! Please report back after you've wowed that audience!

Tear it up Cassie, have a ball. Whatever you do, the kids will love it!

That's wonderful! Spreading the joy of music, and hopefully, getting some children interested in learning music, too. Have lots of fun!

Mahalo all of you. This is little Kalea's first official gig with me. She's already set and waiting for the big day. I checked her over and made sure she sounds nice. I'm going to do John browns baby, Michael Finnegan, Six little ducks, Five brown teddy bears, LOs pollitos, that's a Spanish song but I'll translate it. I'm a little coo coo clock, there ain't no bugs on me and once an Austrian went yodeling. Five brown teddy bears will help them with counting.

Congrats on your gig Cassie! I'm sure you'll warm some hearts~

Aloha! Just got back. They loved it! Some kids even requested songs and Some I didn't know all the way but I got it. At the end, Puff nagged about every little thing she noticed that she didn't like. All i heard on the way back was, "Don't do this, you need to quit that." It spoiled it. She kept saying, "I'd be mad if I didn't get paid if I were you." I told her I wasn't expecting to get paid. She just thinks I should get paid no matter what.

Cassie,

So happy for you and the kids and thanks for the report. Very cool to hear. I knew it would go well! Kids are a natural audience and music is such a wonderful, fun tool.

I'm going to do John browns baby, Michael Finnegan...

Hey, when you get to Michael Finnegan, how can you go any further? I thought that song went on forever!

Puff is the nickname I gave my sister. It started when she was little. I won't go into the whole story but Her favorite pokemon character when she was a kid was Jiggly puff. She even complained that I was being too careful with Kalea's case before we left the house to go to the day care. She said, "You don't need to baby it! It's in a case for a reason! I just want to be careful with little Kalea. Kalea is the nickname I gave my little Kala Soprano. Puff's having that time that all girls have and so she nags more than normal.

Top Bottom